Made DivX, Used FlaskMPEG, But Video and Audio Does Not Play at the same time!!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FreshJizz4U
    • Dec 2001

Made DivX, Used FlaskMPEG, But Video and Audio Does Not Play at the same time!!!

I recently used Nicky's Solution (using FlaskMPEG) to make my DivX and the avi file plays fine on windows media player but when I play the whole file thru but when I fast foward it to another scene or move the slider foward, I notice the Video and Audio aren't playing at the same time. In this case the video is late and the audio plays before it. I just want to know if theres a way to fix this problem. If anyone knows a program that fixes this or knows if its a problem that can be solved during the encoding, Please tell me, Thanks.
  • Trancemaster
    Snoogins
    • Dec 2001

This is perfectly normal. If you watch for a while after you have fast forwarded, the video and audio will appear out of sync but then will suddenly catch up. On some of my movies, there is a delay of upto 4 seconds before the sync returns. If your still sure the video/audio is out of sync, try ripping the audio out of the file with VirtualDub and then reinserting it either earlier, later or exactly at the start of the video, depending on how the sync is out
    Snooch to the Nooch!

Comment

• quang
      • Dec 2001

No, this is not perfectly normal. It's the player's problem. If you play it with Playa then it should work, but Playa is quite slow. XPLAYER for Linux works flawlessly, and is very fast.

GDiVX Player is pretty fast, but you get the out-of-sync problem when you pass forward. This usually happens when you use MP3 for audio. What you might want to do is use VirtualDub and convert the audio to DiVX-level2 and the problem should go away.

I did some of my movies using DVDx (nice program) with MP3 for the audio. Later, I went back and use VirtualDub, selected "Direct Stream Copy" for video, selected DivX-level2 for audio with "Full Processing Mode", and turned off "Audio/Video Interleaving"... It took about 7-10 minutes to process and the new file now works fine with Playa and GDiVX Player. Not only that, now Windows Explorer reports the length correctly, and the Windows Media plays it too.

--
      Quang

Comment

• FreshJizz4U
        • Dec 2001

Thx!

Thx for the info guys, VirtualDub did fix it and I know what U mean about the out of sync thing b/c I have other divx files that do that but they eventually catch on. I just don't want to rely on VirtualDub to fix it all the time, thats all but if thats the only way then I'll do it or just encode it as DivX2 Audio the next time I use Flask. Well, I appreciate All your help and thanks again!

Comment

• D_75
          • Dec 2001

Not quite....

I've had this exact problum.

When you encode with Flask, encode your audio as a PCM wav, instead of an MP3.

This take that file into Vitural dub.

Do a direct stream copy of the Video Stream, and then change the audio to an MP3 codec. Now, you can watch the final file in media player with no problums. Everything will be in sync.

Comment

Working...