Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to join 2 AVI files with different sampling rates?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • harishkumar09
    Gold Member
    Gold Member
    • Jan 2006

Then what should be the characteristics of the silent audio file and how should I get it done without choosing any codec in audacity. Also kindly tell me how do I integrate the silent audio with the 15 second video clip in VDubMod.
    www.vaishnavism.org

Comment

• paglamon
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • Aug 2005

Then what should be the characteristics of the silent audio file and how should I get it done without choosing any codec in audacity.
      The audio in your bigger avi is encoded as AC3 2 channels at 48 khz and 192 kbps. Easiest will be to open this audio file in Audacity. Then select about 15 sec(the time you want the jpg video file to be). Mute this segment and save.

Also kindly tell me how do I integrate the silent audio with the 15 second video clip in VDubMod.
      Open the video in VDMod. Click on "Streams"/Stream list.In the "Available streams" window click Add.Now select the silent AC3 audio file.Then OK. Finally Save as avi.
      sigpic

ONLY MOMENTS LINGER...DEWDROPS ON A FALLEN LEAF

Comment

• harishkumar09
        Gold Member
        Gold Member
        • Jan 2006

Originally Posted by paglamon
        The audio in your bigger avi is encoded as AC3 2 channels at 48 khz and 192 kbps. Easiest will be to open this audio file in Audacity. Then select about 15 sec(the time you want the jpg video file to be). Mute this segment and save.
        How do I separate this audio file from its video counterpart and open it in Audacity ?

Originally Posted by paglamon
        Open the video in VDMod. Click on "Streams"/Stream list.In the "Available streams" window click Add.Now select the silent AC3 audio file.Then OK. Finally Save as avi.
        Thanks.
        Last edited by harishkumar09; 6 Mar 2010, 03:41 AM.
        www.vaishnavism.org

Comment

• paglamon
          Lord of Digital Video
          Lord of Digital Video
          • Aug 2005

How do I separate this audio file from its video counterpart and open it in Audacity ?
          In fact I thought Audacity can load the audio automatically if you open the video file in it.But probably, it can't. Use Goldwave instead.Open your video file in Goldwave. It will decompress and load the audio.
          One problem though. Goldwave cannot encode to ac3. So you will have to save the file as mp3 and same has to be done for the main file too.

You can also separate the audio from video. Load the video in VDMod.Click on Streams/Stream list. On the 'available streams' window click on Demux and save that file.
          Last edited by paglamon; 6 Mar 2010, 05:01 AM.
          sigpic

Comment

• harishkumar09
            Gold Member
            Gold Member
            • Jan 2006

Paglamon , the files are getting too big to deal with. What codec should I use to encode while converting .vob to .avi ? I know where to choose the video codec , video --> compression (am I right ? ). Now where should I choose the audio codec while converting .vob to .avi ?

Will appending two files compressed with a codec lead to loss of quality ?
            www.vaishnavism.org

Comment

• paglamon
              Lord of Digital Video
              Lord of Digital Video
              • Aug 2005

Now where should I choose the audio codec while converting .vob to .avi ?
              VDMod/Streams/Stream list........right click on the audio stream and select 'Full processing mode'.Again right click and select 'Compression'.Then select LameMP3( if you have it).
              sigpic

Comment

• harishkumar09
                Gold Member
                Gold Member
                • Jan 2006

Thank you paglamon, but you did not answer the following two queries

What (video)codec should I use to encode while converting .vob to .avi ?

and also

Will appending two files compressed with identical A & V codecs lead to loss of quality ?

Originally Posted by harishkumar09
                Paglamon , the files are getting too big to deal with. What codec should I use to encode while converting .vob to .avi ? I know where to choose the video codec , video --> compression (am I right ? ). Now where should I choose the audio codec while converting .vob to .avi ?

Will appending two files compressed with a codec lead to loss of quality ?
                www.vaishnavism.org

Comment

• paglamon
                  Lord of Digital Video
                  Lord of Digital Video
                  • Aug 2005

What (video)codec should I use to encode while converting .vob to .avi ?
                  I would use XviD.

Will appending two files compressed with identical A & V codecs lead to loss of quality ?
                  The appending process is lossless.But you will lose some quality while going from vob to avi.
                  sigpic

Comment

• harishkumar09
                    Gold Member
                    Gold Member
                    • Jan 2006

Thank you very much. You have answered all my questions. You are truly a VDubMod Guru !!!
                    www.vaishnavism.org

Comment

• paglamon
                      Lord of Digital Video
                      Lord of Digital Video
                      • Aug 2005

You are truly a VDubMod Guru !!!
                      I am flattered !!!!
                      But seriously, I am just a VDub enthusiast.
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎