• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dr_ml422
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • May 2007

Have a "Other devices" "Unknown device" in Device Manager

I have a yellow ? telling me I have a "Other Devices" and a "Unknown device in Device manager right under Nvidia Network Bus Enumerator. I ran that Flash.exe Chewy posted in Admin's thread and still it won't go away. Anything you guys might know let me know. Ran Mambam and uninstalled a Rouge installer but it found that the last time also. Avira and Spybot didn't come up w/anything. Thnx.
    SAMSUNG SH-S203B, SAMSUNG SH-S223F,

Take the suggestions and follow the directions. The results will speak for themselves.

Google is definitely our friend.
  • katzdvd
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Feb 2006

Are you sure that it isn't a device connected that drivers aren't installed for, such as a printer, mp3 player, camera, etc.? One of my HP printers that I had connected showed up as "other devices";

I removed the device, rebooted & pc "found new hardware". At that point I determined that it was the printer... Maybe you could give that a shot, remove device & reboot...

Comment

• dr_ml422
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • May 2007

Hi katz. I did the same thing and I don't have any other devices hooked up. What took it away though was that I inserted the disc that came w/the mobo and the Found New Hardware Wizard found a driver for w/e it was. Crazy name for it and I have no idea what it works for, but if it was in the Manufacturer CD then I guess it's legit.

Now though I noticed that even though my SoundMax HD audio is installed the icon for it either in the system tray or control panel isn't there. So I'm not even sure if I have the whole thing installed or access to all its features. I'm thinking remove the dzrivers and do a clean install of them. What you suggest? Also is it done better through device manager since it doesn't show up in Add/Remove Programs? Thnx.

Take the suggestions and follow the directions. The results will speak for themselves.

Comment

• NeroDVD
        • May 2009

I hava similar problem with one of our machines. It was the graphics card showing this, and I beleive it had to to with the order in which we installed the drivers. The driver needs to be installed be fore the sound drivers.

Comment

• dr_ml422
          Lord of Digital Video
          Lord of Digital Video
          • May 2007

The icon is gone, but I noticed that FireFox when restored will cut in half instead of getting smaller all way around to fit my LCD wide screen like it use to do. I'm on IE right now and it's restoring normal. Anyone having issues w/latest release of FF? I didn't have this b4, and since IE isn't doing it I don't think it's anything to do w/my graphics setting etc...

I'd appreciate any reply/suggestion on this. I really don't want to do a clean install. Thnx.

Comment

• katzdvd
            Lord of Digital Video
            Lord of Digital Video
            • Feb 2006

dr_ml422,

You might get better help over at the bleepingcomputer forums on this.

Not trying to steer you away from DVF, but those guys over there specialize in this type of thing; also, Chewy is a member there & you may run into him for assistance.

Cheers,
            katz

Comment

• wcbncal
              • Jan 2006

dr_ml422,

A while back, I experienced mutiple problems just as you describe. It took me a while to find the cause! My problems were caused by having more than one active antispyware program runnung at the same time (spysweeper, NIS 2009, and Windows Defender). Try using msconfig (control panel>administrative tools>system configuration). Click the startup tab, and uncheck the antispyware programs, the restart the system. You can manually start/ enable 1 antispy program, as needed. But this may correct your problem.

Will

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎