X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WaxhawRon
    • Jun 2009

break while burning

Hi all,

When I am burning DVD's--with Sonic burner or Plato burner--I get a "hesitation/freeze" when the recording goes from one file to another (for example VTS_01_1 to VTS_01_2). It was suggested that I use DVD Shrink to avoid this, but that does not work. Even when I check the box in Preferences to remove layer breaks, I get these freezes. It was also suggested I try unchecking Split VOB files into 1 GB chunks, but when I do this the DVD cannot be played on either of my computers or my standalone DVD player.

I use standard DVD-R 4.7GB blank discs, generally memorex or verbatim.

How do I avoid these "hesitation/freezes" which can last anywhere from 1/2 to 1-1/2 seconds?

Thank you in advance for your advice.

WaxhawRon
  • WaxhawRon
    • Jun 2009

attn: Miles Ahead

I received the following e-mail but did not see the message when I hit the link. My original question was there, but not the message below:

Here is the message that I saw was received:
    What speed are you burning? What media are you using? What's the dvd burner make model?

Wanting to proceed, I hope that this reaches you on the forum.

I am generally burning at 2X speed, or as slow as I can go.
    I am using memorex and verbatim dvd+r discs.
    I use Active ISO Burner for ISO files, Plato DVD Creator Pro, Sonic My DVD, and DVD Shrink.
    My computer uses a TSSTcorp DVD+RW TS-H635A DVD/CD-ROM drive.

I just don't get it. I've even tried playing these DVD's in a friend's DVD players--outboard and on his computer--and the "freezes" were still there. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for your interest,
    WaxhawRon

Comment

Working...