X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mohdhtc
    • Jul 2009

Avi Menu ..

Hi ...

Is there a way to create a menu for Avi files before burning to Dvd without changing the Avi format ..

Thanks ...
  • MilesAhead
    Eclectician
    • Nov 2006

I believe to do avi or divx menus you need an authoring software and a player that supports divx ultra. My Philips 5990 has ultra support but I've never played any divx with menus on it. Supposedly divx ultra supports menu and chapter authored divx.

Comment

• mohdhtc
      • Jul 2009

Originally Posted by MilesAhead
      I believe to do avi or divx menus you need an authoring software and a player that supports divx ultra. My Philips 5990 has ultra support but I've never played any divx with menus on it. Supposedly divx ultra supports menu and chapter authored divx.
      Thanks for the reply, ill give it a try ....

Comment

• MilesAhead
        Eclectician
        • Nov 2006

Originally Posted by mohdhtc
        Thanks for the reply, ill give it a try ....
        Please post back if you find out anything. One of these days I have to try the menu authoring out. I think there's a free divx authoring program that supports it(if I remember glancing through new software release info correctly) but I haven't looked into it yet.

Comment

• mohdhtc
          • Jul 2009

Please post back if you find out anything. One of these days I have to try the menu authoring out. I think there's a free divx authoring program that supports it(if I remember glancing through new software release info correctly) but I haven't looked into it yet.
          Divx Author 1.5 is a fine tool, but the problem still exists, the avi format have to be converted to dvd format after creating the menu, and that takes a lot of time, i will take a look ar Ultra Divx, the reviews say it can creat menu for avi files directly .

Comment

• MilesAhead
            Eclectician
            • Nov 2006

This is the one I noticed before:

DivXMediaBuilder a program to create full feature DivX files (create the final .divx file). Support menus, chapters and other features of new DivX format.

If it actually works I don't know.

edit: I played around with it a little bit. It didn't like .divx that already had subs muxed in. But I did manage to get a single .avi file with a menu using the wizard. Seems how it works is if you have several movie clips, it makes menus with optional chapter and setup menu, as .avi clips, then muxes them all together and reindexes them. You end up with one .divx file. You would then have to turn the menu screen in your DVD player off to avoid having to select this one file before getting the menu.

Something like that. It seems a bit quirky but it may work with a bit of practice. Only thing is last version seems to be coded in Feb. 2007. It requires VirtualDubMod. Everything else seems to be in the download. In the Readme it says to unpack the zip into c:\windows\system32 but I wouldn't do that. That's only if you need a .dll for the program to start up. Looks like everything got dumped in one folder and zipped up. So far it's the only freeware I've seen that does UltraDivx Menus on stand-alone players.
            Last edited by MilesAhead; 29 Jul 2009, 05:00 AM.

Comment

• MilesAhead
              Eclectician
              • Nov 2006

As usual, the fly in the ointment seems to be subtitles. As soon as I mux them in, the tool can't pick up any info from the .divx file.

Comment

• atifsh
                Lord of Digital Video
                Lord of Digital Video
                • May 2003

i usually press menu on remote and here comes the list of avi's on my dvd and i then browse and play
                Seems like as soon you buy somehing, v. 2 comes out 1.5 times as fast!..!

Comment

• mohdhtc
                  • Jul 2009

As usual, the fly in the ointment seems to be subtitles. As soon as I mux them in, the tool can't pick up any info from the .divx file.
                  I have experienced the same problem while trying the software ...

Comment

• MilesAhead
                    Eclectician
                    • Nov 2006

It's a shame. Looks like development has stopped.

Comment

• MilesAhead
                      Eclectician
                      • Nov 2006

I found an email address on the main web page. I've sent an email. Haven't gotten a bounce notice or reply yet. I'll post if I find out anything.

edit: no email error and still no reply so I must assume until contrary evidence presents itself, that this is the last version of the software.
                      Last edited by MilesAhead; 1 Aug 2009, 03:25 AM.

Comment

• MilesAhead
                        Eclectician
                        • Nov 2006

Old thread, but I just noticed that AviAddXSubs can add chapters when muxing in XSubs.

On Configuration 2 Tab there's a box for Add Chapters Every ... 0 disables it. If you put in a number, say 5 for a chapter every 5 minutes, on Divx Ultra enabled stand-alone player you should see "loading please wait" when you start playing the video(must be a place-holder for a menu) then the video will play. Hitting Next Button will go to the next 5 minute chapter point instead of the next .dvix file.

The .divx file should be backward compatible to older Divx Certified stand-alone players. You should just see the video with selectable XSubs as usual. Menus and chapters will probably just be skipped.
                        Last edited by MilesAhead; 29 Nov 2010, 07:20 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎