X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • admin
    Administrator
    • Nov 2001

The Best Music Anti-Piracy Measure That Hasn't Been Tried

A recent survey of UK youngsters may have revealed an excellent way to fight music piracy, one that won't hurt (and may help) the studio's profits, and one that consumers (at least the young folk) will be able to accept. And there's no DRM within sight.

That solution is unlimited permanent (no DRM servers) download subscription, which the group "UK Music" has done a survey on this and found that a massive 85% of the 1,800 surveyed were willing to pay for such a service.

More than 75% of the surveyed also say they would continue buying CDs, with 44% of them saying that they still like CDs mainly because it doesn't have DRM.

The surveyed group also largely downloaded illegal music, with most of them knowing that it's illegal, and yet still do it because they feel everyone is doing it and they won't get caught. Over 40% of people also said that if an unlimited permanent subscription service was available, they would stop pirating music. If these numbers are correct, then the piracy problem is all but solved, while giving regular income to studios (regardless of the quality of music they put out, which to be honest, is getting worse and worse). ISPs can also benefit by bundling data and music subscription services into their packages, adding more value (and more profit) along the way.

More on this very interesting survey:

Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog
  • drfsupercenter
    NOT an online superstore
    • Oct 2005

You mean an all-you-can-eat mp3 downloading place?

I think I suggested that in an earlier thread about DRM

I'd pay for that too!
    CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
    Visit my website!!

Cool Characters Make your text cool
    My DVD Collection

Comment

Working...
    😀
    🥰
    🤢