X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MilesAhead
    Eclectician
    • Nov 2006

RunItOnce 1.0

I wrote a small utility called RunItOnce to add a program to the Windows Registry RunOnce key. If you're not familiar with that key, how it works is a program is added to the key as a string value. On next boot, the program is run, and then Windows removes it from the registry.

It's good for tasks that won't work if Windows is fully engaged. One example is deleting all the index.dat files on the system partition.

Here's a link to RunItOnce page:
    Faves Downloads

Please see the included Readme.txt for usage details.

Also I'll post the index.dat cleaner code if you wish to use it. To run or compile the script you should first get and install AutoHotKey_L

Note that the AHK script will not work run normally since Windows doesn't like you deleting index.dat files once the system is up. It will work via the RunOnce key. That's why I wrote the RunItOnce program as it seemed like a simple utility to make this type of thing convenient.

I recommend you only run IndexDotDatCleaner on occasion. Maybe once a month. It will slow your boot down because it scans the entire system partition looking for index.dats and deleting them. That's why it's a good candidate for RunItOnce. You don't want to run it every boot.

Here's the AHK script

Code:
    ; IndexDotDatCleaner to delete all index.dat files on system
    ; partition. Should only be run via RunOnce key in Registry
    ; HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce
    ;
    ; (See my RunItOnce program for a convenient way to add it.)
    ;
    ; It searches the entire partition for index.dat files.  It will slow
    ; down the boot.  It should only be used occasionally to clean them all out.
    ;
    ; MilesAhead
    ;
    #NoTrayIcon
    stringleft,sysdrive,A_WinDir,3
    SetWorkingDir,%sysdrive%
    Loop,index.dat,,1
    {
    	FileDelete,%A_LoopFileFullPath%
    }
    Edit: Note that it may be a good idea to compile as 64 bit if you are on a 64 bit OS. 32 bit apps on 64 bit Windows may encounter folder redirection as they are run under the 32 bit emulator. If you need help with AHK_L compiler use or settings see the thread on the AHK forums:

Last edited by MilesAhead; 6 Dec 2011, 04:38 AM.

Comment

• suchita1234
      suchita1234
      • Aug 2010

Hiiiii....

Nice.........

Comment

• MilesAhead
        Eclectician
        • Nov 2006

RunIt 1.0

RunIt adds a value to the Registry Run key for the current user. You could just drag a shortcut into your StartUp Folder or use RegEdit to add a program manually but RunIt makes it convenient. I recommend adding a shortcut to RunIt to the SendTo menu. Then you can right click a program, batch file, or shortcut and select RunIt from the SendTo menu.

See the included Readme.txt for details.

It's free for you to use at your own risk. You may download from this page:

Faves Downloads

Comment

• MilesAhead
          Eclectician
          • Nov 2006

Quotidian Folders

Quotidian Folders A Windows utility for folders you use every day. A simple hotkey that sits in the tray. Control Right Click mouse on Explorer and selected folders are added to the list. Control Right Click mouse on Desktop and a List pops up with your folders near the mouse pointer. If Open On Click is checked in Tray Menu the saved folders will be opened as well as saved. Otherwise they are just added to the list(a chime sounds so you know it got the mouse click.) Use the Delete Button on the dialog to permanently remove items from the list.

UNC paths are not supported due to Windows lag when detecting if the folder exists. Without filtering on launch Windows would be popping up error dialogs for each folder not currently available. If an invalid folder is detected during the launch routine it is skipped. If this happens for any folder during that launch, one "ding" is sounded to indicate a folder in the list was not currently valid.

The current version is 1.0.3.0

I wrote this utility for my own use. You are free to use it at your own risk. Note that it should work on XP or later. However I only have English language versions of Windows for testing. Your mileage may vary.

Another Edit: latest is v. 1.2.2.1 - improvements include: single folder opens are centered in work area; small editor included to edit ini file options via the Tray Menu; check for update command in Tray Menu. Complete source and custom icon included in download.

Download from here:

Hotkeys
          Last edited by MilesAhead; 5 Feb 2012, 01:03 PM.

Comment

• MilesAhead
            Eclectician
            • Nov 2006

Delayed Cuts 1.0.0.4

Delayed Cuts 1.0.0.4 Delayed Cuts is a simple ListView utility for creating a list of shortcuts to be run delayed at logon. Shortcuts are added via drag and drop. The delay range is 10 to 600 seconds. All delays are timed from the launch of DelayedLoad.exe which runs the shortcuts. When you create a list, a shortcut to DelayedLoad is created in the StartUp Folder if it doesn't already exist.

I designed this utility to only accept shortcuts because that ensures you may pass all needed information to the launching program, such as command line arguments, working directory, start minimized etc..

The shortcuts are simply launched in a loop using ShellExecute() system call.

By default the "Toast" splash screen slides up near the system tray to show a countdown, icon and shortcut name next in line to load. The Toast feature is enabled by default. It may be disabled via .ini file option. UseToast=True or UseToast=1 enables. Any other value disables it. If Toast is disabled, the info is shown in the Tray Icon Tooltip during mouse hover.

DelayedLoad.ini is created in the same folder as DelayedLoad.exe the first time DelayedLoad closes.

One advantage to delay loading via an app that has a visible Tray Icon, you can cancel the loading of the remaining programs just by quitting DelayedLoad via the tray icon menu.

It should run on XP and later. Tested on English language Windows only.

edit: updated to v. 1.1.0.0 Added Tray Icon Menu command "skip next load' to bypass entries.
            Last edited by MilesAhead; 17 Feb 2012, 10:06 AM.

Comment

• MilesAhead
              Eclectician
              • Nov 2006

Browser Bunch 1.4.0.0

Browser Bunch 1.4.0.0 It is a simple Gui that allows you to assign up to 6 Web Browsers to Buttons. The basic usage is, copy the address from your favorite web sites into a plain text file, one URL per line. An easy way to do this is to drag the text from the browser address bar to the file in EditPadLite7.

You specify the file of URLs on the command line. Optionally you may specify a filter word so that only URLs with that word are launched. The Gui opens(see screen shot below) and you select the Button with the browser you wish to use. The Gui tells you how long the command line is and how many tabs would open. Closing the Gui aborts running the browser. The Web Browser should allow opening multiple URLs in Tabs and also accept multiple URLs on the command line. It works fine for me in Opera, Firefox, MaxThon 3 Portable and Chromium 20.x.

If you open the same bunch of tabs most of the time you might find this way of launching faster than just using a tab manager that restores the session. Of course this method is less sophisticated. But it's more portable.

Run BrowserBunch with /setup switch to assign a bunch of browsers to buttons at once. Or you can add as you go along, or just edit the .ini file.

You may download from this page:
              This website is for sale! favessoft.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, favessoft.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

See the Requirements at the top of the page. Also please read the included Readme.txt.
              My utilities are free for you to use at your own risk.
              I hope you enjoy using Browser Bunch.

edit: I forgot to mention, a really easy way to use this in Windows 7 is to pin the program to the Taskbar. When you make Url files with sets of sites, pin the file to the Taskbar icon. Keeps everything together. On Vista or XP it's almost as good if you put a shortcut in the SendTo menu.
              Last edited by MilesAhead; 16 May 2012, 11:09 AM.

Comment

• MilesAhead
                Eclectician
                • Nov 2006

SrtRetime 1.3.0.0

SrtRetime 1.3.0.0 SrtRetime is a very simple tool to import timing lines into an .srt file. The idea is, you have an .srt file with great subs, but lousy timings. You have another .srt file with good timings and the same number of subs, but they may be software translated or even in another language.

Run SrtRetime. You select the initial .srt with the good subs, then the .srt with the good timings. It writes out initial_retimed.srt. Neither input sub file is changed.

My utils are free for you to use at your own risk. Please see Requirements at the top of the download page. I only have English language versions of Windows for testing. Therefore I cannot deal with Unicode or code page issues. All I can say if you have a non-English flavor of Windows is, try it and see if it works for you.

Faves Downloads

edit: the source code is included. I compiled with AutoIt3 version 3.3.8.0. This gives you the chance to fix issues yourself or to add features etc..
                Last edited by MilesAhead; 16 May 2012, 09:29 AM.

Comment

• MilesAhead
                  Eclectician
                  • Nov 2006

MoveIt 1.1.7.0

MoveIt 1.0.4.0

This is a simple utility I wrote to snap windows to custom positions on screen. Unfortunately I only have a single monitor set up. Also it's best for those who tend not to change the screen res. (The predefined sizes are percentages that should work with any resolution. But the Custom Save feature, stores and reads raw numbers.)

Basically you hit a hotkey on a window, then hit another key to move and size it to predefined locations. It checks the window has sizeable attribute so that it doesn't try to resize dialog boxes or the desktop.

What makes it nice is you can just size and position any resizeable window. Use Notepad,as example, to set your position, then hit the hotkey and 'z' key. A box will pop up asking which position key to save to. Once you have a snap area defined, you can hotkey on any resizeable wndow and hit that position key to snap the window there. I hate to run windows maximized accept for short periods when I absolutely need to see as much as I can in the program. Most of the time I have a preferred size and position for a particular app or category of apps(such as a browser.)

Now instead of sizing manually, or using a complicated grid or position per program memory utility, I just hotkey to move apps to the positions.

It's easier to use than to describe. It's free for you to use at your own risk.
                  Please read the About Box carefully for the various available hotkey seqquences. There are 2 pre-defined Mouse Hotkeys and Menu Commands for a User Defined Keyboard Hotkey. Once you get the hang of it, it's second nature. The About Box has a list of all the keys in case you forget.

You may download from this page. Just search on MoveIt:

Hotkeys

edit: also you can use Alt Arrow keys to move the active window even if it's not resizeable. The arrow keys check the work area. Great for moving a window approx where you want with the mouse, then snugging to the edge with the arrow.

Edit: I added some features to 1.1.7.0 Now you may hit Control Shift e hotkey combination to place and size open Explorer Windows with varying patterns depending on the number of windows open. For Explorer windows sets greater than 1, the windows are placed in sorted order by path/title.

For example if you have 4 Explorer Windows open and hit the hotkey you'll get a window in each screen quadrant. If you have 5 windows open, they'll be staggered from top left to the right and downward, also sorted.
                  Last edited by MilesAhead; 14 Jun 2012, 05:12 PM.

Comment

• SCfinder
                    • Sep 2012

VLC is good

Comment

• soup
                      Just Trying To Help
                      • Nov 2005

VLC is still good.

Comment

• soup
                        Just Trying To Help
                        • Nov 2005

LockHunter is a foolproof file unlocker

It is a free tool to delete files blocked by something you do not know. LockHunter is useful for fighting against malware, and other programs that are blocking files without a reason. Unlike other similar tools it deletes files into the recycle bin so you may restore them if deleted by mistake.

Key Features

Shows processes locking a file or folder
                        Gives you detailed information on the process
                        Allows to unlock, delete, copy or rename a locked file
                        Can delete a file at next OS restart
                        Allows to kill locking process
                        Allows to remove locking processes from hard drive
                        Can unload DLLs from processes
                        Integrates in to Explorer menu
                        It deletes files into the recycle bin, so you may restore them if deleted by mistake
                        Supports both 32 and 64 bit Windows

You can use LockHunter for personal purposes absolutely for free and without any restrictions. Setup file does not contain adware, malware or other unuseful "addons"

32/64 Bit

Free Download LockHunter 64/32 bit

Comment

• MaryBesaw
                          • Jun 2015

Here's a decent minimal free AutoIt3 script. It's called WinTray. It's up to v. 1.6 at this point. You can download AutoIt3 script source, the exe or a complete Win32 installer.

Fundamentally in the event that you need to minimize a program's window to the Task Tray without leaving the Taskbar Button, it does it by Shift-Clicking the mouse on the Minimize control on the window outline. On Windows7 with the Superbar you may feel no requirement for this however in XP and Vista it proves to be useful.

I utilize it on Vista64 SP1 with no issues. v. 1.6 includes two or three elements like Restore/Hide catches for all windows it has minimized, begin with Windows, utilization Control rather than Shift for the mouse click modifier.

Comment

• soup
                            Just Trying To Help
                            • Nov 2005

Tired of unchecking unrelated offers while installing software?

Have you ever felt, while installing software, that the installer tries to push additional unwanted programs at all cost? Ever missed a checkbox, and spent hours afterwards removing adware? Ever opened your browser after an installation, only to find out that you have a new homepage, a new search engine, or even a new browser?
                            Unchecky aims to keep potentially unwanted programs out of your computer.

Unchecky - Keeps your checkboxes clear

Comment

• simeon
                              • Aug 2017

Hey guys one for me haha ! lol

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡