X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • soup
    Just Trying To Help
    • Nov 2005

Foxit Reader is a free PDF document viewer, with incredible small size, breezing-fast launch speed and rich feature set. Its core function is compatible with PDF Standard 1.7.
    • Incredibly small: The download size of Foxit Reader is just a fraction of Acrobat Reader 20 M size.
    • Breezing-fast: When you run Foxit Reader, it launches instantly without any delay. You are not forced to view an annoying splash window displaying company logo, author names, etc.
    • Annotation tool: Have you ever wished to annotate (or comment on) a PDF document when you are reading it? Foxit Reader allows you to draw graphics, highlight text, type text and make notes on a PDF document and then print out or save the annotated document.
    • Text converter: You may convert the whole PDF document into a simple text file.
    • High security and privacy: Foxit Reader highly respects the security and privacy of users and will never connect to the Internet without users' permission. While other PDF readers often silently connect to the Internet in the background. Foxit PDF Reader does not contain any spyware.

The best free PDF reader & viewer used by over 700 million users. Download Foxit PDF Reader for Windows, Mac, Android & more today!

Download Foxit Reader 12.1.3.15356 for Windows. Fast downloads of the latest free software! Click now

Comment

• soup
      Just Trying To Help
      • Nov 2005

OpenOffice.org 3 is the leading open-source office software suite for word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, graphics, databases and more. It is available in many languages and works on all common computers.
      Great software
      OpenOffice.org 3 is the result of over twenty years' software engineering. Designed from the start as a single piece of software, it has a consistency other products cannot match. A completely open development process means that anyone can report bugs, request new features, or enhance the software.
      Easy to use
      OpenOffice.org 3 is easy to learn, and if you're already using another office software package, you'll take to OpenOffice.org 3 straight away. Our world-wide native-language community means that OpenOffice.org 3 is probably available and supported in your own language.
      ... And it's free
      Best of all, OpenOffice.org 3 can be downloaded and used entirely free of any licence fees. OpenOffice.org 3 is released under the LGPL licence. This means you may use it for any purpose - domestic, commercial, educational, public administration.
      Open Office
      Last edited by soup; 19 Oct 2009, 09:00 AM.

Comment

• MilesAhead
        Eclectician
        • Nov 2006

7Stacks

This is a free utility to create "stacks" in the taskbar or QuickLaunch. You can group multiple items, say if you use 4 or 5 browsers and 1 or 2 download managers, together as one Icon without necessarily using a folder approach. On W7 and Vista with Glass the stack is a cool looking pop up panel.

I haven't used it enough to know if there's any gotacha's to using it. So far I haven't noticed any bugs. I don't like Icons on my desktop. I have categorized folders of my apps and shortcuts to those on RocketDock.

7Stacks is set up to make a shortcut from the source folder on the desktop. I get around that by hiding the source folder(containing shortcuts to the programs that will be in that stack) in one of my RocketDock folders, then when I make the desktop shortcut, I move that to the folder. Then either pin that to Taskbar in W7 or drag it to the QuickLaunch in Vista. That way I still have no desktop clutter.

Takes doing it a few times until you get the options the way you want. But once the source folder is set up you add and remove stuff from the Stack just by adding or removing shortcuts in the source folder.

Anyway, here's a link to the announcement on a W7 forum:

Comment

• MilesAhead
          Eclectician
          • Nov 2006

WinX DVD Author

I havn't tried this program yet. It's supposed to be full version no restriction other than you have to download it from the source page before the deadline:

WinX DVD Author, a free DVD burner and creator in Windows (10/11). Make home video DVD with DVD chapter menu, BGM, images, subtitle, and text. Free convert and burn MKV MP4 FLV WMV MPEG AVI ISO to DVD.

Comment

• admin
            Administrator
            • Nov 2001

Kaspersky Internet Security free 1 year license to celebrate Windows 7 launch:

Kaspersky Offers Multiple Levels of Protection for Your Home Computer & Mobile Devices to Keep You Safe From All Malware, Viruses and Online Threats. Secure Your Devices With Our Award-Winning Security Products.

Deal hasn't started yet (awaiting official US Windows 7 launch), and I don't know how long it lasts (if it's just one day, or until the end of the month)
            Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog

Comment

• MilesAhead
              Eclectician
              • Nov 2006

Auslogics Defrag updated to 3.0.2.40

Auslogics Defrag updated to 3.0.2.40

Now has ability to defrag in parallel when defragging separate physical drives, and some other enhancements.

Are you wondering how to defrag your hard drives? It is not that difficult to do. Just get Disk Defrag and see the difference it can make!

I've updated but haven't run it yet other than in analyze mode since currently I'm in MyDefrag usage mode. They claim improvement of the automatic mode and have a screen saver addon you can download for it.

Comment

• admin
                Administrator
                • Nov 2001

Originally Posted by admin
                Kaspersky Internet Security free 1 year license to celebrate Windows 7 launch:

Kaspersky Offers Multiple Levels of Protection for Your Home Computer & Mobile Devices to Keep You Safe From All Malware, Viruses and Online Threats. Secure Your Devices With Our Award-Winning Security Products.

Deal hasn't started yet (awaiting official US Windows 7 launch), and I don't know how long it lasts (if it's just one day, or until the end of the month)
                Deal actually only available to selected people, so please ignore
                Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog

Comment

• MilesAhead
                  Eclectician
                  • Nov 2006

Oct. 25 Minefield 3.7Pre seems to work - W7 JumpList Support

The Minefield 3.7Pre edition of Firefox, nightly build for Oct. 25 seems to work. My AddOns work afaict(with version checking disabled of course.) So far it feels just like Firefox 3.6 Beta except it has Windows 7 Jump List support.

Here's the download link:

Comment

• MilesAhead
                    Eclectician
                    • Nov 2006

Returnil 2010 new release

New Returnil build addresses some issues:

New build available Returnil Virtual System 2010 Build: 3.0.6517.4958-REL Downloads Home Free:...

Comment

• MilesAhead
                      Eclectician
                      • Nov 2006

ahk script for HD LED using Scroll Lock LED

The official AutoHotkey community forums - share your scripts or functions, find answers to your questions and discuss topics with other members

The above link is a nice little ahk script for those like me who have the PC under the desk/table and would like to have the Scroll Lock LED reflect HD activity. It's set to the first HD. You should download the zip and replace the StartLED: function with my modification that gets the keyboard LED state on each timer loop. With that modification, at least on my 2 PCs, the caps lock LED doesn't get confused. (The original script only read the initial LED state on program start. If you pressed caps lock the LED would be reset to what it was at startup as soon as the Scroll Lock LED was updated by the script.)

I recommend you compile it using the AutoHotKey compiler, to an exe file.

I tried adding command line param to allow setting the polling per second to a value other than twice per second, but it seems that anything faster confused the Caps Lock LED again, so it's not worth the effort.

It's a nice little script. Thanks to Sean for the original post.

edit: btw it is only set to detect activity on the first HD in the system(which would typically have the C: partition.)

(If you are new to compiling AHK scripts and want to try, you can get help on that same forum.)
                      Last edited by MilesAhead; 13 Nov 2009, 12:20 PM.

Comment

• MilesAhead
                        Eclectician
                        • Nov 2006

I posted a complete script with all my changes. This one adds the modification that only the state of Scroll Lock is restored when the program exits, since the user may change Num Lock and Caps Lock while the program is running.

Here's a link to the new complete script:

The official AutoHotkey community forums - share your scripts or functions, find answers to your questions and discuss topics with other members

Here's a link to the zip file so you won't have to fix the word wrap from the forum:
                        Last edited by MilesAhead; 16 Nov 2009, 06:32 AM.

Comment

• MilesAhead
                          Eclectician
                          • Nov 2006

Tray 2.5

I updated my Tray utility to support up to 4 optical drives.

You can download from here:
                          This website is for sale! favessoft.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, favessoft.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

or wait until Softpedia updates it to version 2.5(probably Monday) if you'd rather download from them.

Comment

• MilesAhead
                            Eclectician
                            • Nov 2006

Originally Posted by MilesAhead
                            I updated my Tray utility to support up to 4 optical drives.

You can download from here:

or wait until Softpedia updates it to version 2.5(probably Monday) if you'd rather download from them.
                            Sorry but I'm having web server issues. I've attached the zip file that I will be uploading to my site when they get the server working again.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• MilesAhead
                              Eclectician
                              • Nov 2006

Until my web server gets its act together, you can get the latest directly from Softpedia:

edit: looks like my server is back on the air.

This website is for sale! favessoft.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, favessoft.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

just scroll down until you see the Tray screen shot.
                              Last edited by MilesAhead; 22 Nov 2009, 05:24 AM.

Comment

• MilesAhead
                                Eclectician
                                • Nov 2006

Free One Year License for Returnil 2010 Home

Free One Year License for Returnil 2010 Home

As promised earlier this week, we have a real treat for everyone this weekend: Everyone can get a 1 year license of Returnil Virtual System 2010 Home Lux for free! Before I delve into how to get the 1 year license, let me give a quick overview of what RVS 2010 is for those that

It claims both 32 and 64 bit Windows support.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎