Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fee514
    • Aug 2009

Panoramic Video using Overlapping Cameras

Hi, after a bit of research, I have had no luck in finding the answer to my query. I hope someone here can help me out:
    I am working on a setup that involves two webcams (SD or HD, not sure yet) pointing in the same direction, resting side-by-side on a common base (to record a wide planar surface).
    I have had no luck in finding software (or a codec) that would merge those two feeds into one video stream. I would prefer it to be made at a driver (or even hardware) level. Any advice?

Thanks,
    Alfred
  • paglamon
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Aug 2005

You will probably need a Quad Splitter.
    sigpic

ONLY MOMENTS LINGER...DEWDROPS ON A FALLEN LEAF

Comment

• fee514
      • Aug 2009

If I understand correctly, this is a device that accepts four analog inputs.

I'm looking to superimpose two side-by-side digital feeds into one video. I would like to have this done at a hardware level (if possible). Failing that, at a driver level. Finally, if no such solution exists, I would be interested in video software that can do this for me.

Comment

• paglamon
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Aug 2005

Customer service is our #1 priority. Get a premium domain for your website today. Financing available.

Quad Splitter is a combiner to combine up to 4 cameras
        Upto 4 ,in my understanding, means 1-4.

Supports digital DVI and analog VGA
        I would be interested in video software that can do this for me
        It can be done with two video files in two different timelines.
        sigpic

Comment

• fee514
          • Aug 2009

OK I think I wasn't precise enough in my description.
          1. I would like to use two USB video input devices such as webcams.
          2. I do not only want them to display side-by-side. I want to accomplish a merge of the two adjacent video feeds into ONE video file (e.g. 2 x 4:3= 8:3 or 2 x 16:9 = 32:9).

This implies real low-level digital video manipulation. Also, thanks for the sarcasm. Perhaps next time you can tell me something useful.

Comment

• Chewy
            Super Moderator
            • Nov 2003

Also, thanks for the sarcasm. Perhaps next time you can tell me something useful.
            If you think about what you are asking and knew a fraction of what paglamon did about video, you would realize that he was not being sarcastic, he was being subtle and polite, like the true gentleman he is. Warning issued for rudeness.

Thread closed

Comment

• Chewy
              Super Moderator
              • Nov 2003

Thread reopened at paglamon's request

Comment

• paglamon
                Lord of Digital Video
                Lord of Digital Video
                • Aug 2005

Here is a method of using overlay tracks in Corel Video Studio to merge/superimpose two video files:http://forum.corel.com/EN/viewtopic.php?p=84269#84269
                The method will be similar,but the cropping has to be 50% for both width and height.Once the file has been joined,it can be resized to double so that the original height is preserved.

And this can be done with Virtualdub too using AVISynth StackHorizontal command. Suppose Feed 1(1.avi) is called A and Feed 2(2.avi) is called B and both the clips are in C/Videos. Then the avisynth script will be like this:
                A=AVISource("C/Videos/1.avi")
                B=AVISource("C/Videos/2.avi")
                StackHorizontal(A,B)

Open this script in Virtualdub .Select Direct Stream Copy for both Video and Audio and save the avi.
                Detailed discussion here:http://www.videohelp.com/forum/archi...e-t318177.html
                Last edited by paglamon; 2 Sep 2009, 02:52 AM.
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎