Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • krlorenz
    • Jan 2005

Super doesnt work anymore.

I havent used super since I reformatted my computer and it doenst work anymore. I am trying to encode vob to wmv. When I try to play the wmv file after encoding it says the file is either damaged or corrupt. Any suggestions.
  • UncasMS
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2001

you say the problem seems to occur when you PLAY the already converted file?

have you double-checked:
    - converting another/different file/material?
    - playing the converted material on another machine?

Comment

• krlorenz
      • Jan 2005

The converted file is on my computer. I try to play it with Windows Media Player and Nero. Nero freezes up and I get an error message with Media Player. I have tried a couple of different files for conversion. One file was from my video camcorder. I got the same result. I have used Super alot in the past with no problems at all, but I have the newest version now. Maybe I should update windows to service pack 3.
      Last edited by krlorenz; 24 Sep 2009, 03:16 AM.

Comment

• UncasMS
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2001

after the format you may miss some decent filters on your system?

install ffdshow and media player classic home cinema or vlc and try playing that file again

Comment

• krlorenz
          • Jan 2005

I have been trying to find a guide for ffdshow for the past hour. Nothing. Just can't figure out how to configure ffdshow so it will help me.

Comment

• UncasMS
            Super Moderator
            • Nov 2001

normally ffdshow needs no particular configuration

after installation it will handle almost any codec and be the default playback filter

it is just a thought as to way your converted file does not play
            i wont believe that super - if nor interrupted or gone haywire - does not produce decent output on your system any longer

and because you mentioned a format of your system one thought is that super works fine but your playback filter/program does not

that's where a reliable filter/codec like ffdshow comes into play

Comment

• MilesAhead
              Eclectician
              • Nov 2006

Originally Posted by krlorenz
              I have been trying to find a guide for ffdshow for the past hour. Nothing. Just can't figure out how to configure ffdshow so it will help me.
              Take a look on AfterDawn.com. I believe there's an in depth guide to ffdshow configuration. Also you might try going to videohelp.com. They store old versions of a lot of software themselves. You could try a couple of older versions of Super and see if you can triangulate on the problem.

Comment

• krlorenz
                • Jan 2005

I restored my computer to an earlier date. Disconnected from the internet. Reinstalled SUPER and it works like it always did. Thanks for your help.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎