Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FIRST POST: Capture and file linking question . . .

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • clarkvalentine
    • Sep 2009

FIRST POST: Capture and file linking question . . .

Hello Everyone!

I recently imported just about all the Video8 footage I ever shot on my old Sony TR93 Handycam 8 using both Final Cut and my TwinPact100 media bridge. Both worked equally great, but with one side effect: the capture would halt at various points due to the camera I was capturing it from.

Because this was inevitable, I compensated by restarting the longer captures at various points before the shot would change, and subdividing these files as FILE a, FILE b, and so on, so I could subsequently relink them together as one large file where the shot changes.

My copy of Final Cut is uh . . . not working anymore. So my question is, what is the best way to link these files without incurring any loss? And without using Final Cut?

I know I can do this with Quicktime Pro by cutting, pasting and saving but it's fairly imprecise. I suppose iMovie would work but wouldn't I then have to export the project?

All I really want to do is lop off heads and tails and essentially splice the existing files into one, keeping my original edit points in tact.

Please help.

Thank you.
Working...
😀
🥰
🤢
😎
😡
👍
👎