• Show
Clear All
  • gonwk
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Dec 2005

DVD Flick 1.3.0.7 Not Finalizing

Hi folks,

I tried to use DVD Flick 1.3.0.6 and then upgraded to 1.3.0.7 to convert an AVI to DVD ... and told DVD Flick to only make the DVD and not an ISO or Burn it ...

The darn program works like a charm making the Audio (.ac3) And the Video (.m2v) but CHOKES on the Combining phase ... it combines to .mpg but it never creates the DVD Format ... you know Folder with VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS.

Q: So what is the problem!?!? Any guesses?

Thanks,

G!
  • MilesAhead
    Eclectician
    • Nov 2006

It's good to keep installs of both Flick 1.3.0.6 and 1.3.0.7. I have Flick 1.3.0.4 on my system also. I find one version may have trouble with a particular input file, while another may handle it. Usually though, if it loads up and gives the video info ok, then it works. You might try "cleaning up" the .avi input file using AviDemux 2.4 gtk gui version. Check all the boxes in Edit=>Preferences=>Automation Tab. Just open the .avi, let AviDemux do its thing like building vbr time map etc, then just save the file.

Try that file as input to Flick.

If you have the same problem with Flick with more than one input file or type of input, then it may be a corrupted install. I don't know if Flick updates all that well. I find it better to install in a separate directory. That way you can use more than one version as I mentioned at the start.

On www.videohelp.com you should be able to download old versions.
    I'd have at least the last 2 versions both installed.

Comment

• gonwk
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • Dec 2005

Yo Miles,

Great advice ... THANKS man!

I think my problem might most likely be associated when my User Profile got clobbered ... because after that lot of my Freebies thru GAOTD are not usable since they ask for S/N now ... so somehow ... I did NOT bring over my entire Profile when fixing my Explorer 50% high usage CPU ... so!

Thanks again!

G!

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎