Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Choppy picture when using ffdShow codec???

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jwmghf
    Gold Member
    Gold Member
    • Oct 2004

Choppy picture when using ffdShow codec???

Hey guys:

I am trying to use ffdshow as my codec for converting avi's to mpg's using TMPGEnc 2.5 Xpress. I have been doing this conversion for a really long time and I know I am not making mistakes with the settings in TMPGEnc.

Are there settings in ffdshow that will correct this problem? If not, I am going to have to dump it.

I also have haali media splitter, avisynth, and Koepi's Xvid codec on my machine. I was using just Koepi's codec and all was well until I loaded up the the other 3 programs. I have had this problem in the past and I can never figure out how to fix it.

Thanks
    Last edited by jwmghf; 6 Oct 2009, 08:11 AM.
    System Details:

Asus Rampage III Extreme, BIOS 1301, Chipset N/A, CPU Intel I7 980X,
    Memory OCZ OCZ3RPR1600LV12GK, Video Card Asus (ATI) EAH5970 (Core Clock 725MHz), SSD OCZ Revodrive SSD240, 2x WD RE4 2003FYYS, Optical Drives Pioneer BDR-206BK, Water Cooling CPU waterblock EK Supreme HF, EK Motherboard Waterblock EK-FB RE3, EK GPU EK-FC5970 Waterblock, Case Mountain Mods Extended Ascension, Operating System Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
  • MilesAhead
    Eclectician
    • Nov 2006

When you say 2.5 express do you mean TMPGEnc 2.5 Plus? That's what I've used. I've never tried the express. You don't say what the error is, but if ffdshow doesn't work at all it's usually the priority setting in TMPGEnc. Click on Option=>Environment Setting=>VFAPI Plugin Tab. Make sure Direct Show Multimedia File Reader is at the top.

When you open TMPGEnc if the wizard comes up just click Cancel to get it out of the way. Then you can set the options.

Here's a page with a bunch of guides:
    Download free video and audio software. Old versions, user reviews, version history, screenshots.

scroll down to the part where it says "Guides and Howtos"

Comment

• jwmghf
      Gold Member
      Gold Member
      • Oct 2004

Hey MilesAhead:

Yeah, I meant TMPGEnc Plus 2.5. And yes the DirectShow Multimedia File Reader is at the top with a Priority of 2. I'll check out the guides but I am probably going to just dump those other programs. This happens to me every time I decide to try out ffdShow. It's a bummer.
      System Details:

Asus Rampage III Extreme, BIOS 1301, Chipset N/A, CPU Intel I7 980X,
      Memory OCZ OCZ3RPR1600LV12GK, Video Card Asus (ATI) EAH5970 (Core Clock 725MHz), SSD OCZ Revodrive SSD240, 2x WD RE4 2003FYYS, Optical Drives Pioneer BDR-206BK, Water Cooling CPU waterblock EK Supreme HF, EK Motherboard Waterblock EK-FB RE3, EK GPU EK-FC5970 Waterblock, Case Mountain Mods Extended Ascension, Operating System Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

Comment

• MilesAhead
        Eclectician
        • Nov 2006

edit: ok, now I see "choppy picture" is the issue.. with TMPGEnc lots of times the .avi won't even load if there's a problem.

You might want to take a look at some tools that are driven by AviSynth scripts. There are pages of filters that help correct funky video. Here's one page:
        Main Page,Advanced Scripting Tips,Advanced topics,Arrays,Aspect ratios,AviSynth FAQ,AviSynth Syntax,AviSynth v3,Avisynth Plugin Development in C,Block statements,Changelist

To get started with AviSynth it's a good idea to use a program that generates a script. For example FitCD or d2mp. If you have a basic script you know will at least do the conversion correctly then you can tweak from there, adding a filter here and there to see if you can clean up the input as it's processed.

d2mp comes with some synth libraries. You can try just using d2mp and see how it comes out. For tweaks, use it as normal, then abort the processing and just copy the AviSynth script from the log output.
        Last edited by MilesAhead; 6 Oct 2009, 10:14 AM.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎