Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PopePeabody
    • Oct 2009

ATAPI iHAS124 Y firmware (Lite-ON)

I am having trouble finding this. On the website I download the ihas 124 firmware BL0N, but I get the error "This utility is only for ATAPI iHAS124 A drive." Thanks in advance.
  • LIGHTNING UK!
    Author of ImgBurn
    • Dec 2001

If it's not on there then we don't have it - and that's probably because there's none available yet.
    The Official ImgBurn Website

Comment

• Prime2515102
      • Nov 2009

Maybe you have the "Y" version. If that's the case then you need BL0X which is up now (I realize this is too late but I thought I'd post this in case somebody else comes across it like I did).

Comment

• Blimp821
        • Dec 2009

Thank you very much Prime, I am having problems with my drive and figured a firmware update might fix it, thanks for your posting about the BLOX i didnt no that. =]

Comment

• King Al
          • Dec 2009

Please help argh!

I also have the Atapi ihas124-19 Y which I purchased yesterday... and also maybe ruined yesterday....

Original firmware for me was "BL0W". I followed Prime2515102 link http://www.firmwarehq.com/Lite-On/iHAS124/files.html to upgrade to "BL0X"

For some reason my pc screen froze, I even waited 30 minutes as I know it's bad to restart during a firmware flash, obviously. Upon restart I tried to install "bl0x" again but found my atapi ihas124 y no longer works, light flashing constantly on the drive. Firmware is now "0L0Z" On the flash program (v2.2.85) I get the "It will be updated from 0L0Z to BL0X" I click update.........

Error screen comes up "Unable to flash firmware. Please contact with your vendor! "

Any idea's please folks?

Comment

• cynthia
            Super Moderatress
            • Jan 2004

Based on my experience is that when the green lamp is blinking the burner is gone.

There might be a way to save it by flashing it in DOS. Instructions for that you should be able to find in this FAQ.

Comment

• Inertia
              • Dec 2009

I hope that you're still around, King Al. The BLOX firmware is defective and is quite likely malware. It disabled my new drive with exactly the same symptoms that you experienced. Naturally the original firmware was not backed up by the "installer". I was not happy.

Now for the good news: You can restore your drive as I did in Windows with a GUI without dealing with DOS boot disks, etc.. Fortunately I had bought two of these drives. I extracted the original BLOW firmware from the other drive with the Binflash utility found at http://binflash.cdfreaks.com/ . Specifically, the Win32GUI v1.49b. If you download this software, it will allow you to restore the original BLOW firmware to your blinking, nonoperating drive without leaving Windows. The drive will be as new again.

You may ask, where will I get the original BLOW firmware? I am attaching it (blow.bin in a blow.rar container) to this post. Good luck and I hope you're still around to receive this message. It will fix your drive.
              Attached Files

Comment

• Inertia
                • Dec 2009

cynthia,

The link that you provided is for the traditional Liteon drive with a Mediatek chipset, hence the MtkFlash utility is the means to reflash the drive. Unfortunately, it won't work with the drive in question. The Liteon iHAS 124 Y does not use a Mediatek chipset, but a NEC chipset. Its hardware is closer to a newer Sony Optiarc drive than a Liteon. This drive is mentioned nowhere on the Liteon sites, and is apparently some sort of hybrid OEM drive with a Liteon label attached. None of the Liteon specific utilities will work with it. It is very misleading to sell this drive as a Liteon.

cynthia, since King Al (with 2 posts only) may not come back to this topic or site, I wonder if you could get someone to email him to let him know that there is a tested and working solution to his problem?

Comment

• fidelmty
                  • Dec 2009

I, only registred to say thanks, i have the same problem whith tthe ihas124 y and now is working again.

Inertia again thanks.

p.d. sorry for my english.

Comment

• Extide
                    • Apr 2008

So, what is the difference between a 'A' drive and a 'Y' drive?

Is it the MediaTek vs NEC chipset?

I have had several iHAS324's that were A's but I have a iHAS424 that is a Y drive that seems more difficult to flash, as in the firmware is harder to find. Anyone know what the difference is?

Comment

• c4evap
                      • Mar 2010

Originally Posted by King Al
                      Please help argh!

I also have the Atapi ihas124-19 Y which I purchased yesterday... and also maybe ruined yesterday....

Original firmware for me was "BL0W". I followed Prime2515102 link http://www.firmwarehq.com/Lite-On/iHAS124/files.html to upgrade to "BL0X"

For some reason my pc screen froze, I even waited 30 minutes as I know it's bad to restart during a firmware flash, obviously. Upon restart I tried to install "bl0x" again but found my atapi ihas124 y no longer works, light flashing constantly on the drive. Firmware is now "0L0Z" On the flash program (v2.2.85) I get the "It will be updated from 0L0Z to BL0X" I click update.........

Error screen comes up "Unable to flash firmware. Please contact with your vendor! "

Any idea's please folks?
                      I had the same problem and thought I'd fried my DVD drive (ATAPI iHAS124 Y). Tech support was absolutely NO help (what a surprise). I figured out I must be using the wrong flashing tool. I then tried using the NEC flashing tool to return the burner to the previous firmware...and IT WORKED! Using the same NEC flashing tool I was able to upgrade to BLOX without a hitch. I did this in Windows (XP SP3). I don't know if this will work for you but it's worth a try.

Comment

• Belonger
                        • Oct 2007

I also have an iHAS124 Y drive and am currently on the BL0V driver. Is BL0W the most recent for this drive? Should I download the file in Inertia's post or is that specifically for someone who bricked their drive? I can't seem to find it anywhere else.

Comment

• godhateliteon)
                          • Nov 2010

Thanks Inertia for your incredible help with BL0W, u rock

Comment

• LIGHTNING UK!
                            Author of ImgBurn
                            • Dec 2001

BL0X is the latest version for the 'iHAS124 Y' and it's what LiteOn's own 'SmartPack' util will offer you for your drive.

The file on Firmware HQ is *the* file that SmartPack downloads - i.e. it's direct from LiteOn's own servers.
                            The Official ImgBurn Website

Comment

• cchrome
                              • Nov 2012

I just want present two ways resolve firmware update issue:
                              1. If you have wrong BLOZ firmware flash to BLOW as Inertia discribed, then (without restart) flash to BLOX by software.
                              2. You can flash from any firmfare to BLOX by Binflash and BLOX.bin file
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎