X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • admin
    Administrator
    • Nov 2001

MPAA Renames 'Anti-Piracy', Faces Presssure From Studios

The MPAA has come under attack again, but this time, it's from the studios who have labelled their efforts as "not aggressive enough" when it comes to fighting piracy.

Anti-piracy will also now be known as "content protection", in an effort to present a more positive image of the anti piracy efforts made by the MPAA.

The movie studios fear that movie piracy is heading in the same direction as music piracy, as bandwidth and download speeds increases, so will the ease in which can download movies, just like they have been doing with the smaller sized music files for a long time. The studios questions the MPAA's efforts in fighting piracy, as law suits and legislations have not stopped the "torrent" of copyright abuse.

The MPAA is already changing strategy to attack ISPs and networks, to block content higher up the chain where companies are more likely to respond to the legal threats. This means instead of suing individuals, they are more likely to sue the services that these individuals use, suing ISPs and network operators and forcing them to implement filters or to police usage on their networks.

More:

CNET is the world's leader in tech product reviews, news, prices, videos, forums, how-tos and more.
    Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog
  • drfsupercenter
    NOT an online superstore
    • Oct 2005

Sigh, why can't they just give up?

It already IS easy for people to download movies, and I hardly think suing ISPs will help. They should start focusing their efforts on making money from downloaded movies, not trying to stop piracy. (It's like the war on drugs - it's not winnable, but yet the government refuses to realize it)
    CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
    Visit my website!!

Cool Characters Make your text cool
    My DVD Collection

Comment

Working...
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡