Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sera
    • Mar 2007

Can't get rid of Nero off my system

Bloody Nero, such an incidious and unwelcome presence on my pc. I have tried many things to remove all traces of this burning software, but whenever i access my hard drive movie collection it said:

Fatal Error: Installallation Corrupted - please reinstall NERO!

I have used the Nero General Clean Tool (for Nero 6, my version) and rebooted my pc, but receive the same message.

I would appreciate any further suggestions.

Thank you

sera.

Windows XP SP3
    Intel E7300
    2GB DDR2 RAM
    Windows Firewall
    Avira Antivir Personel
    Also use CrapCleaner for file clean & Super AntiSpyware
    My Main Burners
    SONY DW-G120A (MYS6)
  • UncasMS
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2001

i'd check services and msconfig for any autostart routines and disable them

furthermore run regedit and search for any string called nero and ahead and remove it

Comment

• doctorhardware
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • Dec 2006

Might have to do some registry editing to remove Nero.
      Star Baby Girl, Born March,1997 Died June 30th 2007 6:35 PM.

Comment

• MilesAhead
        Eclectician
        • Nov 2006

I would try reinstalling it, then uninstall and use the removal tool. Otherwise you could spend a long time manually cleaning out the registry with the chance of deleting something you shouldn't. Might want to use ERUNT to save your registry hives or make a restore point before manually trying to dig Nero out if that's what you decide.

Comment

• rosariorose9
          Just trying to learn...
          • Jan 2007

I had a very similar problem when upgrading Nero a year or two ago. Ended up doing exactly as MilesAhead suggested, and that did the trick. I then did a clean install of the newer Nero version...

Comment

• sera
            • Mar 2007

sorry about not replying, but had few days where sys not booting up beyond 'splash screen' - turns out video card had moved in slot.

it now seems that the sys will not boot beyond 'splash' screen if i have the 2nd HDD plugged in, ie. the one will the movies on it and where i get nero error.

cheers

sera.
            My Main Burners
            SONY DW-G120A (MYS6)

Comment

• leian
              • Oct 2009

Thanks

Originally Posted by MilesAhead
              I would try reinstalling it, then uninstall and use the removal tool. Otherwise you could spend a long time manually cleaning out the registry with the chance of deleting something you shouldn't. Might want to use ERUNT to save your registry hives or make a restore point before manually trying to dig Nero out if that's what you decide.

I got exactly the same problem.

I tried the suggestion made by MilesAhead and life is good again.

Thank you!

Comment

• sera
                • Mar 2007

hello everyone, thank you for your replies. i think that my hard drive is on the way out - the one with the movie files on it. the pc won't boot with this hdd attached. btw, I have tried milesahead suggestion, but received same error message which prompted the original posting. thank you sera.
                My Main Burners
                SONY DW-G120A (MYS6)

Comment

• UncasMS
                  Super Moderator
                  • Nov 2001

there is a NERO CLEAN TOOL by the way

Comment

• CourtneeB
                    • Mar 2013

Cleaning up Nero

This Works:
                    Download Piriform CCleaner @ CCleaner.com ( free version). Once downloaded, open and click tools...uninstall will be highlighted in the left corner, programs in the middle...highlight Nero (your version) and click uninstaller (located in the upper right margin. It will take as long as it took to download Nero but it will be gone. I just completed it.

Comment

• Muhammad adnan
                      • Jan 2016

Most people will know of Nero burning software. It’s one of the most popular shareware programs to burn various kinds of optical discs, and it also comes with a suite of multimedia tools for viewing, editing and creating things like photo discs and video or music discs. A lot of users might also have received the Nero software that comes bundled sometimes if you buy a separate DVD burner.

Unfortunately, a lot of people these days have got a bit fed up with Nero due to the fact it has become so bloated with useless junk, that the great burning program it once has got rather lost in all the other software and components that come with it. Back with Nero 6 everything you wanted to fulfill your burning needs was all included within not much more than a 30 MB installer. These days the Nero 11 installer is over 350MB.

If you have any Nero software installed on your computer and you want to remove it, if you try checking Add or Remove Programs in your Control Panel, you should find related entries in there which enable you to uninstall/remove the products from your computer. But wait, there’s a problem with this
                      Nero used to provide a few different Cleaning Tools to remove various versions of their software, for example different tools for versions 5, 6, 7, Nero Vision and In CD. These days things are a little easier because there is a general cleaning tool to cover all of those mentioned and a few more distro’s.

The Nero General Clean Tool can purge your system of a number of products including Nero 9, Nero 8, Nero 7 and Nero Back It Up 4. The actual official support list seems to be rather vague because if you try to download the dedicated Nero 6 cleaning tool, it will simply download this one instead.

What is for definite is the General Clean Tool DOES NOT support any Nero 10 or Nero 11 products and the tool won’t pick them up. See the bottom of the article for more Nero 10 and 11 removal information.

After you download, extract and execute the General Clean Tool, it automatically starts a search for any Nero software installed on your computer. It will then display the results for you to choose which software it detected you’d like to remove. If you want to remove all Nero software, just click on the “Clean All” check box. Otherwise you can just select which software you’d like to remove.

If the tool finds any temporary Nero files on the system, the relevant tick box will become available. If an installation hasn’t been detected you can point to it manually by clicking the “Manual find…” button.

When the clean begins, you will be asked if you want to keep or remove the Nero serial number and any plug-in licenses. If you don’t know what they are, it’s best to leave them in for now. The removal might take a few minutes depending on what you have installed and what’s being removed, and the computer will most likely need to be rebooted afterwards.

Although the Clean Tool does not support Nero 10 and 11 products, Nero themselves say the standard uninstaller found in Add and Remove / Programs and Features is much better for those versions than the older uninstall process in versions 9 and below, and therefore a cleaning tool isn’t needed. So for 10 and 11 the standard uninstaller should be good enough.

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎