Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Virtualdub or AC-3 Decompressor not working w/ Windows 7???

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jwmghf
    Gold Member
    Gold Member
    • Oct 2004

Hey UncasMS:

No, I don't believe that to be the prob. I think that the program "AC-3 ACM Decompressor 1.4" is the problem. (It's the one you right click on the "AC3ACM.inf" file and hit the install button.)

In Windows XP, it shows up in the "Add/Remove programs as AC-3 AC-3 ACM Codec. If I uninstall it, it uninstalls as a normal program would. However, when I uninstall it in Windows 7, it tells me that there seems to be a problem, "this program looks like it has already been removed."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am going to remove it on the XP computer and see what VirtualDub has to say about it.

Update:
    VirtualDub didn't complain.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What do you think?

PS. It sounds like dronkit has run into the same problem I am having.
    Last edited by jwmghf; 28 Oct 2009, 04:44 AM.
    System Details:

Asus Rampage III Extreme, BIOS 1301, Chipset N/A, CPU Intel I7 980X,
    Memory OCZ OCZ3RPR1600LV12GK, Video Card Asus (ATI) EAH5970 (Core Clock 725MHz), SSD OCZ Revodrive SSD240, 2x WD RE4 2003FYYS, Optical Drives Pioneer BDR-206BK, Water Cooling CPU waterblock EK Supreme HF, EK Motherboard Waterblock EK-FB RE3, EK GPU EK-FC5970 Waterblock, Case Mountain Mods Extended Ascension, Operating System Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

Comment

• paglamon
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • Aug 2005

That means VirtualDub isn't using FFDShow, right?
      @dronkit,

Virtualdub uses VFW codecs(not the Directshow ones). To make VD use FFDSHOW you will have to configure the FFDSHOW VFW configuration(Start/All programs/FFDSHOW/VFW configuration) in WinXP.
      sigpic

ONLY MOMENTS LINGER...DEWDROPS ON A FALLEN LEAF

Comment

• yleetop
        • Jan 2010

I1m not sure if this belongs here but I`m using TmpGenc 4 express and my audio compressor under Xvid (or any other vidio codec ) will not show the ac3 codec anywhere.
        It did before I did a computer wipe and reinstall -Win 7 ultimate 64
        Did install sharks 07 codecs + afew others(klites)all for 64
        Should they be put with TmpGenc
        Sorry need to recode avi`s to ac3 to play thru my pvr on my big screeen

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍