Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Virtualdub or AC-3 Decompressor not working w/ Windows 7???

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jwmghf
    Gold Member
    Gold Member
    • Oct 2004

Virtualdub or AC-3 Decompressor not working w/ Windows 7???

Hey guys:

I can't get Virtualdub to work in harmony with AC-3 Decompressor and Windows 7 64-bit? Windows 7 says it doesn't see a decompressor source. Is there a workaround for this?? Possibly another decompressor program???

Thanks
    Last edited by jwmghf; 25 Oct 2009, 09:26 AM.
    System Details:

Asus Rampage III Extreme, BIOS 1301, Chipset N/A, CPU Intel I7 980X,
    Memory OCZ OCZ3RPR1600LV12GK, Video Card Asus (ATI) EAH5970 (Core Clock 725MHz), SSD OCZ Revodrive SSD240, 2x WD RE4 2003FYYS, Optical Drives Pioneer BDR-206BK, Water Cooling CPU waterblock EK Supreme HF, EK Motherboard Waterblock EK-FB RE3, EK GPU EK-FC5970 Waterblock, Case Mountain Mods Extended Ascension, Operating System Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
  • UncasMS
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2001

maybe you could try ffdshow (there are also 64 bit versions but 32 runs fine) for the ac3 decoding job under win7/64

Comment

• jwmghf
      Gold Member
      Gold Member
      • Oct 2004

I tried FFDShow and Xvid but virtualdub says it cant find the ac-3 decompressor. So I don't think that AC-3 Decompressor program is actually loading up. When I right click on the AC3ACM and hit the install, I do see the cmd box open momentarily and then close, so I don't know??? Is there a different compressor program??

Thanks
      System Details:

Memory OCZ OCZ3RPR1600LV12GK, Video Card Asus (ATI) EAH5970 (Core Clock 725MHz), SSD OCZ Revodrive SSD240, 2x WD RE4 2003FYYS, Optical Drives Pioneer BDR-206BK, Water Cooling CPU waterblock EK Supreme HF, EK Motherboard Waterblock EK-FB RE3, EK GPU EK-FC5970 Waterblock, Case Mountain Mods Extended Ascension, Operating System Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

Comment

• UncasMS
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2001

WHEN does vd say so / trying which operation?

i downloaded a vd_64 bit version this minute and loaded an avi file which has ac3 in it and when loading the file file MY version does not complain using win7/64

i have ffdshow(64bit) installed and checked that its internal audo config showed that ac3 was handled
        Last edited by UncasMS; 25 Oct 2009, 09:44 AM.

Comment

• UncasMS
          Super Moderator
          • Nov 2001

ok, i think i now see what your problem is

when trying to save this file i opened vd complained

i installed this ac3 filter and was able to decode

Comment

• jwmghf
            Gold Member
            Gold Member
            • Oct 2004

Here is what the error says exactly:

Couldn't locate decompressor for format 'XVID" (unknown)

VirtualDub requires a Video for Windows (VFW) compatible codec to decompress video. DirectShow codecs, such as those used by Windows Media Player, are not suitable.

This error comes up after I have loaded the avi, and do all the steps I would normally do to create a wav file for input to T<PGEnc 2.5. When I hit Save Wave and name the file, the program normally takes off at this point. That's when I get this error. I loaded up VirtualDub 64 and FFDShhow 64. Still the same problem??? What do you think?
            System Details:

Comment

• UncasMS
              Super Moderator
              • Nov 2001

did you see my second reply above yours?

+++

so now we also have trouble decoding the video as well???

hmm, no such trouble here

try ffdshow pls it should really do the job

Comment

• UncasMS
                Super Moderator
                • Nov 2001

shark007's win 7 filters may also be worth a closer look

Comment

• jwmghf
                  Gold Member
                  Gold Member
                  • Oct 2004

I'm still having the same problems. Now I get that error as soon as I load the avi. I am going to try another avi with ac-3. Windows media player won't open it up either. But media player classic will? I will do a full uninstall and re-install and post back a little later. I am frustrated!!! Thanks for helping me out.
                  System Details:

Comment

• UncasMS
                    Super Moderator
                    • Nov 2001

so far i have no such problems here

installed media playere classic home cinema 64bit, ffdshow (32+64) and the said vd 64 version and playing as well as opening/saving via vd works

good luck
                    Last edited by UncasMS; 25 Oct 2009, 08:04 PM.

Comment

• jwmghf
                      Gold Member
                      Gold Member
                      • Oct 2004

Thanks man:

I will post back and let you know how I make out. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!!!
                      System Details:

Comment

• dronkit
                        • Oct 2009

Hi guys... I wonder if anyone can help. I have windows 7 x64 here, and installed FFDShow x86 and x64. I also installed Haali Media Splitter cause I needed it for SubtitleWorkshop to work. Now I've installed VirtualDub x64 and i get the "no audio decompressor could be found to decompress the source audio format" when trying to play an avi with AC3 audio. I do not want to install another codec, i would like it to work with FFDShow, which does play fine in MPC and other apps. Any help?

EDIT: I can work with AVIs with, say, MP3 audio. But the FFDShow icons don't appear. That means VirtualDub isn't using FFDShow, right?

Comment

• UncasMS
                          Super Moderator
                          • Nov 2001

i have linked to the ac3 codec provided by alexander vogovsky, who knows his stuff for years

give it a go

Comment

• jwmghf
                            Gold Member
                            Gold Member
                            • Oct 2004

I think the problem is that the ac-3 decompression program is not loading up properly. dronkit, after you install it go to add/remove and remove it. I bet it tells you that there's a problem and the program looks like it has been uninstalled already. That's what I'm getting... and it's really aggravating!!! Hopefully, it can be fixed.
                            System Details:

Comment

• UncasMS
                              Super Moderator
                              • Nov 2001

jwmghf, are you saying that the ac3 filter from alexander vigovsky does NOT work for you?

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎