• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • newbie456
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
    • Oct 2009

H.264 with MPC (Home Cinema) and DIVX 7 codec

Hello all

I am new to this forum and a newbie in general when it comes to audio and video codecs. Pardon me if there is any mistake.

I have been searching the internet for the best way to play mp4 files, as this seems to be the way that everyone is going. After a lot of research I have come up with a method that I like. Tech heads please comment and improve this method.

There is lot of help on this subject on the internet but there are a couple of things i don't understand:

1. What is wrong with the DIVX 7 codec. It supports H.264 video and AAC audio, but I can't find help anywhere on how to use this codec with MPC.
    2. Why must you use ffdshow and a splitter. I don't want to use all sorts of external programs. I would rather just install the individual codecs I need.

After trying to get my Youtube downloads to work in Winamp I gave up. I don't think Wimamp can play fmt=22 files from Youtube, even if you follow all the help.

This brought me back to MPC. The problem with MPC thought, is that all the help tells you to install ffdshow and a splitter. But what if you don't want to use ffdshow. Surely there must be a way to tell MPC to use the DIVX codec.

After a lot of experimenting with MPC I came up with this method:

1. Goto View > Options > Internal Filters
    2. In this section I de-selected everything that I think has something to do with MP4. I was only guessing.
    3. See attachment "Internal Filters". Pardon I do not know how to insert the image.
    4. Then I goto View > Options > External Filters.
    5. Here I add the DIVX codec. See attachment "External Filters".

This method works for me because I get video and sound. Also I don't have to install ffdshow or anything else. Please can the experts comment on this method and give advice.

humbly, newbie456
    Attached Files
  • saru1994
    • Feb 2010

please download divx software

Comment

Working...