Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Brewski09
    • Nov 2009

MP4 to DVD

Hello guys, first time poster - BIG n00b.

I have 3.63GB worth of MP4 videos, and I'm trying to get them on a regular DVD Disk.

The problem is, when I try making this, within each program I've tried (SUPER, DVD Flick, DVD Shrink) it tells me that I'm way over the space limit for the disk.

Anyone know how to either convert/compress these files so I can burn them easily? I've been trying for quite a while
  • UncasMS
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2001

any of the tools work fine so the big question is: do you by chance run out of hard disc space or dou you use fat32 instead of ntfs

Comment

• Brewski09
      • Nov 2009

Originally Posted by UncasMS
      any of the tools work fine so the big question is: do you by chance run out of hard disc space or dou you use fat32 instead of ntfs
      Thanks for the response.

I have enough hard drive space (2, more than 20GB left on each of them). I'm running 64 bit windows 7 build 7100 at 2.4GHZ

Not sure if I'm fat32 or NTFS

Comment

• UncasMS
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2001

Did you set a normal compression for audio and video / are necessary codecs present?

When did the tools state not enough space available?
        Can you re-run this test and see if by chance a drive is maybe full because of temporary files created during the conversion?

are you familiar with these kind of conversion - have you done them before successfully?
        what were the settings/profiles used inside the tools?

we need some more precise input from you in order to help

Comment

• oposky2006
          Banned
          • Nov 2009

you can try some profesional tool work for u. especially for this problem

Comment

• UncasMS
            Super Moderator
            • Nov 2001

you dont need any so called "professional tool" for this job

the said freeware will provide way better quality than most pro tools ever will

Comment

• chuckster679
              • Apr 2005

When on you convert to dvd files, use shrink to shrink it to the size you need to put it your dvd.

Comment

• Dr Mabuse
                • Nov 2009

Don't try to put all the files on one disk.

A 1.5 gig MP4 container will produce 3 or even 4 gigs of VOB files(depending on encoding options) suitable for burning to a DVD. Think VOB = normal DVD I watch for context.

You do not need any professional tools as was already stated. You just need to put the files across multiple DVD's with a tool like DVDFlick.

Or crush the video quality by shrinking them down. If you want crap video quality on one DVD you can do it that way.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎