Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gillou
    • Apr 2005

Problem using TMPGEnc installed on Windows 7

I'm trying to convert the same .avi file to Mpeg using TMPGEnc on Windows XP and on Windows 7. I am able to make a successful conversion using Windows XP. This is not working for me on Windows 7.

Here is what the Project Wizard gives me under Windows XP and this is the desired result:

Here is what the Project Wizard gives me under Windows 7 (and it is obviously wrong):

Does anyone know why there is such difference... and how to make this work on Windows 7? I've already confirmed that TMPGEnc is compatible with Windows 7 on 64 bit machines.
    Thank you for your help
  • MilesAhead
    Eclectician
    • Nov 2006

I've used TMPGEnc quite a bit in the past. Still have it. But it's been awhile. What happens if you uncheck Auto Select and Auto Setting? Will it let you select 720x480?

If that's no help the other advice, if you haven't done so already, is I would try Shark's Windows 7 Codecs. They are free and very well done. It looks like the info detected by the program is wrong.

Another thing you can try is FitCD. Another freeware. There's a mini-guide to using it half way down the thread in this link:

Hello all.. i have a xvid source file with the following properties: FPS = 23.97 Resolution = 576x240 Aspect (i think) = (2.40:1) I'm using TMPGEnc to

It works very well with TMPGEnc. You just open the AviSynth script it makes instead of the input file. It requires AviSynth which is also free. If you have several free encoders on your system chances are it's already installed. But if not a google will get it.

Comment

• atifsh
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • May 2003

as far i know only new just released xpress version is 7 supported.
      Seems like as soon you buy somehing, v. 2 comes out 1.5 times as fast!..!

Comment

• MilesAhead
        Eclectician
        • Nov 2006

Windows 7 Compatible TMPGEnc Plus 2.5

Comment

• Gillou
          • Apr 2005

Originally Posted by MilesAhead
          that's right

Comment

• Gillou
            • Apr 2005

MilesAhead, atifsh thank you very much for your replies.

I found what was wrong. The priority of "DirectShow Multimedia File Reader" needed to be set higher.

See how to do it:

http://forum.digital-digest.com/showthread.php?t=66781 (thank you LT. Columbo)
            Last edited by Gillou; 4 Dec 2009, 07:08 AM.

Comment

• MilesAhead
              Eclectician
              • Nov 2006

Yeah, those environment settings were one of the first things I had to mess with to get that program to work. It's kind of quirky that way.

Like sometimes no matter what you do it just doesn't want to open a particular .avi file. Generates an error. So you do a 1 line .avs script "avisource=C:\Somevideo.avi" and the Somevideo that refused to load pops right in there.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎