Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No more cell contract providers if I can help it.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dr_ml422
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • May 2007

No more cell contract providers if I can help it.

Bunch of crooks. all of them. T-Mobile, Verizon, and I don't even have to mention the Y-fone. T-mobile tells me no contract. Just stop payment, and account closes. Lucky I'm from the old guard. I checked my balance on my cell, and it was already at $150 something. I called rep quickly, and after a lil piece of what's left of my mind, I supposedly had the account closed. I then smashed the Samsung on the concrete jungle, and threw the pieces in the sewer just in case it made some calls. I go check again just to make sure, and long, and behold account still ticking away. Man, I told them I know you want money, but this is ridiculous. That said, I finished w/them, and paid w/e. Pay as I go from now on, and if that starts getting crazy, landline again, or Majic Jack.

I'm still working on a legal con like these guys do. A friend once told me there's more money to be made legally than illegally. I'm a believer now to some extent.
    SAMSUNG SH-S203B, SAMSUNG SH-S223F,

Take the suggestions and follow the directions. The results will speak for themselves.

Google is definitely our friend.
  • reisingerj
    • Dec 2009

Wal-Mart now has a NON Contract Cell Ph service. U buy UR phone $40-$100, depending on what you want. Then you activate on a monthly basis for $30/mo which gives you 1000 minutes - 1000 text msgs - 30MB of Internet time for 30 days. Never a setup or connect fee. Your total cost for the first month is $30 plus about 50 cents in taxes. If you want UNLIMITED everything, the cost is $45/month. Also, we have had much better connections than we had from T-Mobile.. Check it out...

Comment

• atifsh
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • May 2003

we have similar kind of service here, its the monthly line rent and instead of taking it at the end or in the begining, they use it either daily or in the last 5 days. im still confuced about that. but im sure in the later days of the month, even i dont use my phone, i get continues sms's that ur account has reached 80% then 85% so on
      Seems like as soon you buy somehing, v. 2 comes out 1.5 times as fast!..!

Comment

• dr_ml422
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • May 2007

Monthly fee is a contract.

Originally Posted by reisingerj
        Wal-Mart now has a NON Contract Cell Ph service. U buy UR phone $40-$100, depending on what you want. Then you activate on a monthly basis for $30/mo which gives you 1000 minutes - 1000 text msgs - 30MB of Internet time for 30 days. Never a setup or connect fee. Your total cost for the first month is $30 plus about 50 cents in taxes. If you want UNLIMITED everything, the cost is $45/month. Also, we have had much better connections than we had from T-Mobile.. Check it out...
        If it's a fee for a monthly service then it's a monthly contract no matter what. I don't know about the application fee Wal-Mart uses as there is no Wal-Mart in The Apple, but if they even remotely ask you for your name or anything identifiable, then believe me it's a contract.

Right now I pay when I want to pay and how much I want to pay, and I'm no way associated w/the phone. Big Boys already have enough on all of us.

Tomorrow I'll put $$$ on both my phones for about $50.00 total and 600 mins. I just about use that much between them, so I don't lose any unused mins. come bill time as their is no bill, and if I put $$$ before the date that the last load expires w/e I have left rolls over. since not so many go this route because of all the hype w/all the other so called Smart Gadgets, my reception is crystal, even as far as the caribbean. Makes sense as the less on the network the more room to play.

Take the suggestions and follow the directions. The results will speak for themselves.

Comment

• lordgarion
          • Jan 2010

To dr_ml422

"If it's a fee for a monthly service then it's a monthly contract no matter what." Actually, if you want to get technical about the definition of the word "contract", you could quite easily define buying a single drink from a store a "contract". However, by the common usage of the term, a "prepaid" phone is a non-contract phone. The reasons prepaid isn't a contract are several. First, you give them no personal information unless you use a credit/debit card(which is voluntary). Secondly, when you pay the fee for the month you are under no obligation to stick to it. You are completely free to cancel the plan and choose another plan. However, if you cancel or choose a cheaper plan you do not get the remaining balance of you money back(as I did change to cheaper plans more than once when I was with different contract companies and DID receive my remaining balance back in the form of credit applied to the mandatory next bill). But by the same token if they change your plan for some odd reason not associated to you doing something against their TOS. While some might say a TOS is indicative of a contract, it is nothing more than a list of rules you have to obey to use/buy whatever services/products they offer and again is no different than our old fashioned brick and mortar stores having rules that you have to obey to enter and use/buy their services/products, such as no taking product from the store before paying, must have shirts on, can't throw stuff down the aisles etc. etc. etc. You are also free to choose a new plan every single month. Buy a different phone whenever you want without having to renew or lose anything associated with the plan you chose for that month. You can also choose to put money on your phone and choose not to buy a plan that month whenever you want and just pay per minute/text/picture/video that is sent or received. These are all things you can NOT do with a traditional mobile phone company that requires you to sign a contract. They also require no personal information beyond your zip code(they can't assign a correct phone number without a zip code). But there is no rule(at least not with the 3 prepaid phone companies me and my 2 children currently use) that you have to give them the zip code of where you live and are free to choose any zip you desire. It would be more appropriate, and accurate, to call a prepaid phone plan a "non-binding agreement". Well, this post ended up being quite a bit longer than I had intended. But I think I got it all explained correctly.
          Last edited by lordgarion; 30 Jan 2010, 06:49 PM. Reason: spelling error

Comment

• dr_ml422
            Lord of Digital Video
            Lord of Digital Video
            • May 2007

Ok, 1st of all I really like to stick w/the issue at hand when debating/conversating/defining anything. So all that B&M stuff can go right out the window. Technical it's not as legally the best and sometimes only evidence you can clearly present before a court of law is a written contract signed and read by both parties. Let's leave it at that regarding buying a drink from the store...

Now again as I stated if you have a monthly fee which is due on a certain date and it's connected to any plan whatsoever where you will or will not receive credit for cancellation then that's a contract. If you don't have to leave any identifiable information then who in the world is the credit given to? How is it given? Why should there even be a occasion for credit?

Really, you can stop the plan at any time? Guess what, if you have to even call or w/e to cancel then it's a contract. If you didn't then it wouldn't be one as you don't have any obligation whatsoever regarding the service and the phone etc...

I'll admit this 1 thing. Out of haste I gave my info to T-Mobile because the clerk for lack of a better word right now, said they needed that to establish some history regarding the purchase of the phone. So I remember anyway.

The bill came I had to pay. The mins. gone I had to suck it up until next cycle or pay even more a min. than what the so called no contract plan was giving me. Bottom line if I never would of paid the so called no contract service ROB-T-Mobile was proving my credit would of been shot and the collectors more than happy to start calling/mailing for their money.

Basically I got screwed into some BS no contract nonsense which very rarely happens at my stage of the game. Now according to ROB-ME-Mobile if you do want their so-called real no contract then it costs more per min. than their actuall plans including the one I was duped into.

Guess what? I paid them whatever was owed them on the so-called no contract and now they owe me. Almost 2 mos. now and still no check in the mail. No contract? Why even this process?

My mins. on what I use now I used up and I don't feel like putting anything on the cell right now. Whoever wants me can call the house phone. I'm not hard to find. I also if I feel like it can take this cell and bust it in pieces with or w/out mins. on it and chuck it down the sewer or in the river. No credit, no calling to cancel, nothing. Nada. Nilch.

That's a no contract phone. I'm in full control.

The Old Man upstairs has my expiration number already logged in, but I'm going to do w/e I want/can until then. I didn't sign up for his way of doing things. My parents made the binding contract w/him for me. Might as well make the best of every second I can. No one, absolutely no one leaves here alive.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎