Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"BL0W" Needed for Atapi ihas124-19 Y please, urgent.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • King Al
    • Dec 2009

"BL0W" Needed for Atapi ihas124-19 Y please, urgent.

Please help argh!

I also have the Atapi ihas124-19 Y which I purchased yesterday... and also maybe ruined yesterday....

Original firmware for me was "BL0W". I followed Prime2515102 link http://www.firmwarehq.com/Lite-On/iHAS124/files.html to upgrade to "BL0X"

For some reason my pc screen froze, I even waited 30 minutes as I know it's bad to restart during a firmware flash, obviously. Upon restart I tried to install "bl0x" again but found my atapi ihas124 y no longer works, light flashing constantly on the drive. Firmware is now "0L0Z" On the flash program (v2.2.85) I get the "It will be updated from 0L0Z to BL0X" I click update.........

Error screen comes up "Unable to flash firmware. Please contact with your vendor! "

Any idea's please folks?
  • cynthia
    Super Moderatress
    • Jan 2004

Based on my experience is that when the green lamp is blinking the burner is gone.

There might be a way to save it by flashing it in DOS. Instructions for that you should be able to find in this FAQ.

Comment

• doctorhardware
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • Dec 2006

One thing to do is get an uninteruptable power supply, that way if there is any power problems it will not effect the flashing of the bios. I have flashed many bios chips to date, and I have not bricked any devices yet. That is the number one thing that will corrupt a bios being flashed.
      Last edited by doctorhardware; 7 Dec 2009, 12:46 PM.
      Star Baby Girl, Born March,1997 Died June 30th 2007 6:35 PM.

Comment

• Inertia
        • Dec 2009

See http://forum.digital-digest.com/show...460#post581460 for the BLOW firmware and how to install it to restore the burner to original condition.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎