X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • admin
    Administrator
    • Nov 2001

Illegal Downloads on the Rise, Study

A new study shows that illegal downloads are on the rise, although P2P usage is now supplemented more and more by newsgroups, blogs and forums.

The study uses results from an online poll of 3,000 respondents aged from 18 to 54. Of the people who used P2P services, 47% did so on a weekly basis, while 31% did it on a daily basis.

So despite the various lawsuits, information campaigns, and threats of various nature, none of these actions seems to have made any impact on illegal downloads.

More:

Here are the top technology stories of the day. Learn about cool new products and technologies and get important updates about things you own. | Tom's Guide
    Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog
  • dr_ml422
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • May 2007

They're fighting a losing cause, and the sad part is they been knowing this since the beginning. I don't think everyone the MPAA etc... wants to encourage to join the fight against Piracy even wants part of that battle or believes is their fight.

Only solution I see is the Big Guns getting together to figure out a way to please the consumers to a point that illegal downloads is just too much work. I just talked w/a friend, and he said he was watching Avatar online from some site. Heck another friend saw the recent Paquia vs. Cotto fight for free online as well. It's crazy out there in Cyber Space now.
    SAMSUNG SH-S203B, SAMSUNG SH-S223F,

Take the suggestions and follow the directions. The results will speak for themselves.

Google is definitely our friend.

Comment

Working...