DivXLand Media Subtitler - can it do Persian/Farsi?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bmz43
    • Dec 2009

DivXLand Media Subtitler - can it do Persian/Farsi?

I am trying to use DivXLand Media Subttler to create subtitles in Persian (Farsi). I have created the txt file and text shows properly in Persian with pipe "|" at the end of each line and saved it as an Unicode or UTF-8 txt fle. When I opened it with DivX it shows weird letters (0'1J EJCFJE H †1), is there a solution? Or this application cannot do Persian??
    Thanks in advance...
  • anthonypokemon
    • Dec 2009

im trying to do that in russian but i dont know how question marks show up lol

Comment

• babak
      • Apr 2010

bmz43, I'm trying to do the same. Were you successful, if so I would be very grateful if you could let me know on bkhakpour@gmail.com. With thanks.

Comment

• babak
        • Apr 2010

managed to work something out. Settings -> change list fonts - use an arabic/iranian font.

settings -> general settings -> language and encoding - select arabic.

Comment

• imdiboss
          • Jul 2010

great guys but i also have a huge prob

when i finish embedding th subtitles using of course virtualdub the subtitles are at top of the vid and no more at the bottom how can i get rid of this prob?

kind of turning me crazy wow

yep

Comment

• Serahanne
            • Apr 2011

Russian subs in Media Subtitler

I spent 5 hours trying to figure out how to ensure that Russian shows as Russian and not ?????? in several programs. The one that finally worked for me was DivXLand Media Subtitler.

Go to "Settings" - "Change List Font" - choose Courier New and under "Script" select Cyrillic, click "OK".

And now you will have to either retype (if you've got Russian keyboard) or else copy and paste again, if you've already done your work and had ????? showing, this text will not convert into Cyrillic now, you will have to redo this. (i.e. I type everything in www.translit.ru, paste it into word/wordpad and then copy into Media Subtitler.) I hope this helps somebody out there.

Comment

Working...