• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mikeylikess99
    Gold Member
    Gold Member
    • Sep 2003

Handbreak

Hi Miles, not sure which program you mean with handbreak? nero? if so how do you change it to one pass, i think i seen 2 pass on the AVCHD coder.But it crashes on me two, i think i need to upgrade that one to the plus however?

Comment

• MilesAhead
      Eclectician
      • Nov 2006

There's a Handbrake converter app ported from Mac.

HandBrake is a multiplatform, multithreaded video transcoder. Supported sources: Any DVD-like source: VIDEO_TS folder, DVD image or real DVD, and some .VOB and .

I've only used if a few times. I think it's mainly used to compress .mkv and .mp4. I don't have the patience for more than one pass because on my quad core most conversions take 5 hours or more in one pass mode. I haven't used it much since I found tsMuxer output plays well in my WD player.

Comment

• mikeylikess99
        Gold Member
        Gold Member
        • Sep 2003

Tsremuxer

Originally Posted by UncasMS
        you should be able to turn the mkv into bd compatible material/structure with tsmuxer within a couple of minutes
        Hi Uncasms, I ve actually tryed doing the tsremuxer converion, and while it has worked on some movies, on many others i still find myself having to use nve 9 to be able to watch it on standalone player. Is there possibly a step im missing with tsremux, it seems automatic to me?..any sort of heads up, would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

• UncasMS
          Super Moderator
          • Nov 2001

well, i suggested tsmuxer as it does not really touch/change the streams and therefor is a very fast option

when you say that SOME files need other tools the question is: why? what is different with those files?

does tsmuxer not handle them properly or will the output tsmuxer generates still not work?

in case the streams inside the mkv are NOT compatible with what a hardware player accepts, then there is no other way than to transcode the stream/s in order to make them compatible.

this could be the case if the video was created with profiles outside the blu-ray or avchd subsets.

certain amounts of ref.frames for example are a common reason why h/x264 wont play
          maybe it's the audio stream as well - it's hard to tell.

what you could try is multiavchd. deank's tool offers great support in creating/altering blu-ray or avchd structures from many sources like e.g. mkv.

try to add your mkv and set "strict avchd settings" and output the material to relaxed or strict (depends on your player) avchd, then burn the output to a dvd-rw and test it in your player.

Comment

• mikeylikess99
            Gold Member
            Gold Member
            • Sep 2003

Originally Posted by UncasMS
            well, i suggested tsmuxer as it does not really touch/change the streams and therefor is a very fast option

when you say that SOME files need other tools the question is: why? what is different with those files?

does tsmuxer not handle them properly or will the output tsmuxer generates still not work?

in case the streams inside the mkv are NOT compatible with what a hardware player accepts, then there is no other way than to transcode the stream/s in order to make them compatible.

this could be the case if the video was created with profiles outside the blu-ray or avchd subsets.

certain amounts of ref.frames for example are a common reason why h/x264 wont play
            maybe it's the audio stream as well - it's hard to tell.

what you could try is multiavchd. deank's tool offers great support in creating/altering blu-ray or avchd structures from many sources like e.g. mkv.

try to add your mkv and set "strict avchd settings" and output the material to relaxed or strict (depends on your player) avchd, then burn the output to a dvd-rw and test it in your player.
            Hi UncasMS,

First of thanks for the new information. I will give it a go. Im unsure why some files take to playing in my sony standalone player right from the process of tsmuxer, burning with nero rom. The one file for instance that i did last night, played great, an Mkv file converted to blu ray structure with TSM, while the other one i created with tsremuxer,Mkv file and converted to blu ray. and tryed encoding with NVE, crashed, (wouldnt play with just TSR process). Is there some thing i can do/alter in the remux process to make it play(maybe the bdedit thingy?) In the instruction for it, i was sent for a loop[ when it said to find the offset). Thanks in advance.

Comment

Working...