Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nurflight9
    • Jan 2010

Nero Digital Audio Decoder

Posting again, hopefully in the right place! Please forgive me for not taking the advice for Newbies to download a certain decoder given to those who have no sound on their Windows Media Player when playing DVDs, but want to ask a question first because I am so tech-impaired, I'm afraid to download anything without making absolutely sure it's the best thing to do for my problem. I'm worried about conflicting programs. If you still tell me to do it, I will!

My computer was custom made by a friend in Japan and everything has been working perfectly for about three years, except one thing. I didn't discover that my Windows Media Player has no sound for DVDs for a long time because I always watched DVDs on TV at that time. Later, when I moved and did need it, I installed VLC, but I've been having problems with it recently and tonight decided once and for all to try and solve the problem with Windows Media Player. Sound on my computer is fine with everything else--even music on WMP. (I should mention that during all these problems I've been living in Japan and now in China.) I have never been able to get sound on DVDs with WMP no matter what type of video I try to play.

Anyway, tonight after research, I downloaded DirectX, but that didn't help. Then I researched more to find out what decoder I have and found out that I have Nero Digital Audio Decoder, NeAudio.ax, version 1.0.4.23. I also did some troubleshooting, but my computer says my decoder is working fine! I've checked all the CD ROMS my friend gave me when he delivered the computer and don't see one for that--only a Nero CD ROM for re-writers. Could have lost it, but doubt it, but anyway...

I followed a link to see if I could download the driver again, but couldn't be sure of my version and from there followed a link here...

Anyway, could you give me advice on what I should do? If I download what is suggested here, will it conflict with what I already have? Sorry to be so totally dumb about all this, but there it is... I've only learned one thing in my long life of occasional computer disasters: don't download anything unless someone you trust tells you it's all right!
Working...
😀
🥰
🤢
😎
😡
👍
👎