X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • admin
    Administrator
    • Nov 2001

Hulu Coming to the iPad?

Rumours suggest that Hulu is coming to the Apple iPad, either as an App or through an updated website that will support HTML5.

The biggest hurdle with doing this is the relatively lack of support for HTML5 at the moment, which does not yet support many of the advanced features of Flash. These include overlays that are important for displaying advertising, which is the main source of revenue for websites like Hulu.

By adding Hulu to the iPad, this should give the device a much needed boost when it is released in March.

Of course, this only applies to the US, as Hulu is currently not available elsewhere.

More:

When Steve Jobs unveiled the iPad last month, one notable potential partner absent from the stage was Hulu, now the second-largest video site on the Web. The launch event focussed more on the iPad as an eBook reader to rival the Kindle, but watching videos on it will be just as important. The TV shows on Hulu would be perfect on the iPad. There is just one hitch: the iPad doesn't support Flash, and all of Hulu's videos currently run inside a Flash player. But that could change by the time the iPad launches in March. One rumor I've heard from an industry insider is that Hulu is working on an iPad-friendly version of its site that should be ready by the time the iPad hits the market.
    Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog
  • Derree
    Digital Video Expert
    Digital Video Expert
    • Jul 2005

I really wish that Hulu was available here in canada, would make the iPad that much greater....
    sigpic

Turn down the suck...Turn up the
    good
    -------------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍