Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mrfpratt
    • Feb 2010

transferring vhs to computer to edit and burn dvds

I have a bunch of family videos - some are 25 years old. I want to transfer these to my computer so I can learn to edit them and burn dvds.
    Anyway I just bought a new computer with windows 7 and I was at costco today and bought roxio vhs to dvd (just read a bunch of nasty reviews so will probably return it) have also heard of a product called dazzle. If anyone has any knowledge of doing this and being happy with the result PLEASE let me know
    thank you!!
  • Ollie
    • Feb 2008

I use a TV Capture Card in my computer. Not all have 'external device' connectors (the 3-colored RCA jacks plus maybe an S-Video connector) so that's the only trick to it. But the installing the card, it's software, then plugging the VHS deck's connectors into that card - instead of the TV set - lets me 'watch and record' the VHS tape on my computer.

Comment

• MilesAhead
      Eclectician
      • Nov 2006

I haven't done any capture myself, but I think you can also get USB capture devices. I don't know how good they are though. If you can find one that's recommended by actual users it may be good for someone who doesn't really want to open the computer case.

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎