Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/bbcode/url.php on line 2 Notice: str_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/string.php on line 3 join two .avi files creates a huge file? - Digital Video Forums

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

join two .avi files creates a huge file?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mfran2002
    • Mar 2010

join two .avi files creates a huge file?

I'm using AVIUTIL software to join two avi files (100MB each one) but I obtain a very huge file (29GB)!!!

I only use the "append" utility (to add the second avi) and then the "save avi" option....

what have I to do?

thanks
  • rcubed
    • Nov 2005

Originally Posted by mfran2002
    I'm using AVIUTIL software to join two avi files (100MB each one) but I obtain a very huge file (29GB)!!!

I only use the "append" utility (to add the second avi) and then the "save avi" option....

what have I to do?

thanks
    mfran2002,
    I only use VirtDub to append files. For that program under the video tab is a direct stream copy option. Unless direct stream copy is used the video will be re-encoded. Don't know if AVIUtil has a similar option. Looking at the original files in GSpot and then after the append may give an indication if the files were re-encoded.

rcubed

Comment

• MilesAhead
      Eclectician
      • Nov 2006

If both the .avi files have the same specs you can also use AviDemux. I recommend getting version 2.4. In 2.5 they messed up the one pass xvid encoding. Looks like 2.4 is the "last known good" version.

Comment

• mfran2002
        • Mar 2010

unfortunately both virtub and AviDemux do not allow to append two files with different specs (and this is my case)...or not?

I'm trying to link several .AVI files which are episodes with different properties....
        Last edited by mfran2002; 9 Mar 2010, 08:15 AM.

Comment

• MilesAhead
          Eclectician
          • Nov 2006

Originally Posted by mfran2002
          unfortunately both virtub and AviDemux do not allow to append two files with different specs (and this is my case)...or not?

I'm trying to link several .AVI files which are episodes with different properties....
          Then I'd use AviDemux 2.4 xvid and convert them using one pass mode. Take the 2 output files and append them then.

This link will explain the xvid settings:

Comment

• paglamon
            Lord of Digital Video
            Lord of Digital Video
            • Aug 2005

How different ?
            sigpic

ONLY MOMENTS LINGER...DEWDROPS ON A FALLEN LEAF

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎