Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • perfection
    • Aug 2009

help me with firmware update for HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T50N

This is the DVDRAM drive that shipped with my Toshiba A350 laptop.
    Its current firmware revision is RT 03, Manufacturer media code is not specified.

I used the firmware update function in Imgburn that brought me to a page (http://www.firmwarehq.com/drive.php?...SA-T50N&chk=70) that offered me four versions for LG GSA-T50N.

How do i know whether this is right for me which one to download and flash to upgrade the driver firmware?

Also how do i upgrade drivers for this drive ?

Thanks for any help i get
  • UncasMS
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2001

I see dates next to the names so the question which one to take should be an easy one to answer

Updating should also be simple as you run the downloaded EXE file and follow the instructions

Comment

• perfection
      • Aug 2009

Perhaps i did not make myself clear UncasMS
      I too can judge from the dates which one is the latest.

I have no experience with firmware updates and i am being extremely cautious before i flash my hardware.

i) My existing hardware (HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T50N ) has a firmware code RT03. Why do i not see that code in the list? Does this mean that th firmware i have is the latest - later than the latest version listed at the page i mentioned above. Does a newer frmware update have to bear the same series code i.e. RT in my case?

ii) I did download the latest available updateand did execute the same but nothing happened. No error code, no message just nothing. are these type of files OS dependent? I use Win 7 but my laptop shipped originally with ista

iii) My DVD RAM drive is describd by the model number HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T50N (mnufacturr unspecified) yet it i was led to the page for model LG GSA-T50N which i hope are the same models

These are the reasons for my apprehensions. Can you please help this newbie out and educate him a wee bit?
      Last edited by perfection; 14 Mar 2010, 10:47 PM.

Comment

• admin
        Administrator
        • Nov 2001

HL-DT-ST is the manufacturer code for LG, so it should be the the right firmware for your drive.

I did find some instructions for this firmware after a quick search on Google, and it seems the update process is a bit different to normal firmware updates, which usually has a program that loads and completes the update. Here's the instructions I found on this page (if the page doesn't load, this is the Google cache version of it):

1. This firmware update utility requires the system be rebooted before the update can take effect.
        2. Download the gsat50n_ry05.exe package.
        3. Go to the folder where you downloaded it and click on the gsat50n_ry05.exe icon.
        4. The drive's LED will flash for about a minute.
        5. When the LED stops flashing, the firmware update is complete.
        6. After the LED stops flashing, it is safe to reboot the system.
        Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎