Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: iPhone and Battery HELP!

Angry iPhone and Battery HELP!

Hi,

I've had an iphone 16gb 3gs since their lanch on O2 last year. I'm aware the battery life is not that good on these phones. I usually charge the phone every night as battery power tends to be at about 20% after 16 hours.

The last couple of days has seen the battery power going crazy i unplug it from the charger at 8.00 am and by 11.00am the battery is dead. This is without even using it to send a text or make a call. What could be causing this sudden increase in power consumption?

No extra apps have been added I have tried a reboot of the phone and its still the same. Does anyone think a factory restore will help? (Trying to avoid this if possible)

I'm happy to get the screwdrivers out and replace the iphones battery although do not want to spend money if the battery is not the cause!
    SYSTEM:

Pentioum Duo 6400, 8 GB Ram, 500Gb Hardrive, 32x DVD Rom, 16 x TCorp Duel Layer Burner, Geforce 7900GTX.

Bow to the gods of Digital-Digest

http://www.wix.com/martinhopkins/designandphotography

Ok so just an update the phone is now at the stage where even with the power connected it still doesn't have enough juice to turn it on not good guessing something has packed up on it!
    SYSTEM:

Pentioum Duo 6400, 8 GB Ram, 500Gb Hardrive, 32x DVD Rom, 16 x TCorp Duel Layer Burner, Geforce 7900GTX.

I managed to fix it although the phone didn't look like it was charging in fact it was. I did a hard reset and had to update the bootrom mores the pity but the phone is now using far less battery than before the problem!
    SYSTEM:

Thread Information