Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Image ok in sim but cropped sides on tv.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Merlin
    • Jul 2006

Image ok in sim but cropped sides on tv.

Hi,
    I am using TMPGencAuthoring Works 4.0.2.14 to make a playable dvd from an avi file created by Premiere Pro CS3. It shows the image having full width in simulation mode but the resulting dvd when played on a TV sees 11% of its width cropped. Whats happening ?
    In premiere the project is 1152 x 768pixels and is made from stills resized/resampled to that size in Photoshop. I havent altered pixel aspect ratio so they are still square pixels. The full content width wise is visible in premiere, and the movie file (avi file) created by premiere and played in windvd still shows the final avi as having all of the image.
    Only when TMPGenc authors this to dvd does something seemingly happen when its played on a TV, be that a 16:9 Sony Wega or a 16:9 LCD TV.

Originally just written to a CD as image jpg files with Nero and played on the clients HD Ready LCD TV which native resolution was 1152 x 768, they showed all of the width, also played on my Sony Wega ok. Now wanted as a video with soundtrack we get this problem. The clients TV also is cropping though apparently showing just a little more of the width.

What settings have I overlooked ?

Merlin
  • MilesAhead
    Eclectician
    • Nov 2006

I'm not familiar with TMPGEnc authoring works, but with the old TMPGEnc Plus 2.5 I made good use of FitCD. It creates an AviSynth script that takes into account 16x9, pixels and even border for overscan etc..

If the authoring works uses an .avs script or will accept one as input you can try using FitCD with it. I recommend using AviDemux to slice off a small piece of the .avi as input. In 5 minutes you should be able to produce a little test clip. If you have DVD+RW erasable disc use that as a test burn instead of making a coaster.

edit: here's a small tutorial for using FitCD. The tutorial starts about half way down the thread:

Hello all.. i have a xvid source file with the following properties: FPS = 23.97 Resolution = 576x240 Aspect (i think) = (2.40:1) I'm using TMPGEnc to

Comment

• Merlin
      • Jul 2006

Hi and many thanks for the reply.
      I shall have to try this FitCD and see what happens. I am not aware of where in the process of starting a new project, then importing an avi file, then menu making, simulation and finally output to dvd one would get a chance to select the script that FitCD makes. Does anyone know if this is possible with TMPGenc Authoring Works ? Please let me know here if so and how its done ?

I seem to be forever buying extra programs to do things that premiere or TMPGenc wont do. What a pity that a program like TMPGenc (Authoring Works being the latest) created for dvd authoring and which then can burn to disc doesnt deal with overscan (if this is the cause of the TV cropping the sides off) and have options to choose to resolve issues.

Merlin

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎