Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Qnonymous
    • Jul 2002

How do I create a decent sized wav?

I need to know how to create a wav file small enough (about 200 mb or less) to combine with an hour and a half long video (divx file, about 400 mb) that is small enough to fit on a cd. I already have the virtualdub to join them, and have already gotten the video to a small enough size, as well as an ac3 file that can be converted to wav, but results in a file that is way to big. (1 gig) I would really appreciate some advice as to how to create a decent sized wav.
  • Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

As far as I know, .wav files are generally uncompressed and will hence gobble up space. Your choice would fall into the space-saving MP3, WMA or OGG. MP3 would be recommended as it is the most widely supported of the three sound formats.

Comment

• techno
      Digital Video Master
      Digital Video Master
      • Nov 2001

no comment

Enchanter says it all

Comment

• Enchanter
        Old member
        • Feb 2002

You could also try lossless compression codecs, such as Shorten and Flac. Unfortunately, the links that I have are dead and if anyone has an alternative link to them, do kindly post them here.

Comment

• Qnonymous
          • Jul 2002

Thanks for the advice, the mp3 worked fine, the only problem now is that I can't find a program that will combine the divx movie with the mp3 audio. Is this possible?

Comment

• techno
            Digital Video Master
            Digital Video Master
            • Nov 2001

yeh, virtualdub MP3 version.

Digital Digest DivX XviD Software Section - List of recommended, top 10 DivX, XviD and AVI software, latest news and updates

Techno

Comment

• Enchanter
              Old member
              • Feb 2002

Nandub will mux the MP3 with the video perfectly.

Comment

• UncasMS
                Super Moderator
                • Nov 2001

if you need a how-2 for muxing with nandub, take a look at this:

Comment

Working...