Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Junkie_ball
    • Jan 2004

25gb of ram windows 7???

If i navigate to my system windows, windows is telling me i have 25Gb of Ram install and in brackets 2gb usable.* I'm running a Windows 7 Ultimate build and have 4Gb of Physical ram installed as i'm running the 32-bit version of windows i believe that is the maxuim windows can utlilise. Does any one have any thoughts on this?
    SYSTEM:

Pentioum Duo 6400, 8 GB Ram, 500Gb Hardrive, 32x DVD Rom, 16 x TCorp Duel Layer Burner, Geforce 7900GTX.

Bow to the gods of Digital-Digest

http://www.wix.com/martinhopkins/designandphotography
  • MilesAhead
    Eclectician
    • Nov 2006

What's in Task Manager? How about another one like DTaskManager?

or even Auslogics has one

Can you post a screen shot of the Task Manger Performance Tab?

Comment

• Junkie_ball
      • Jan 2004

Hi,

Have posted the screen shot of the performance tab which indeed says it's only using 2Gb of RAM? Could i have a dud stick of RAM i wonder?

Also i have posted screenshot of the system window where it shows the 25gb? Mind you wouldn't mind 25Gb if the OS could handle it not that i'm greedy!
      Attached Files
      SYSTEM:

Pentioum Duo 6400, 8 GB Ram, 500Gb Hardrive, 32x DVD Rom, 16 x TCorp Duel Layer Burner, Geforce 7900GTX.

Bow to the gods of Digital-Digest

http://www.wix.com/martinhopkins/designandphotography

Comment

• MilesAhead
        Eclectician
        • Nov 2006

I would guess it's something corrupted in the registry where that screen picks up the data. But I see a few similar reports on google. You might find a solution to that type of issue on Annoyances:

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎