Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • alkhazali
    • Mar 2010

Womble EasyDVD - too long encoding?

Hi I tried yesterday Womble EasyDVD and I must say how nice, easy and intuitive program it is.
    On the end of my first project when I saw that encoding will take over 3 hours I went to bed. I woke up in the middle of night and saw that the project didn't move much forward. It was on 37% and the remaining time was 7 (!) hours. Before I went to bed again it moved to 45% and 5 hours.

At the morning however the project was back on 37% and 9 hours remaining. It simply looks like the Womble EasyDVD stops working for some reason if you are not working on your computer. I checked again my power settings, which I set for such cases to maximum performance (means that only monitor will switch off after 10 minutes).

Any idea, what is the problem?
  • alkhazali
    • Mar 2010

OK, I figured out what's going on
    The progress bar is not for full project but for each movie and and even each menu and submenu in particular project separately. I didn't notice it because it took long to go through each movie. Mystery solved.

But new mystery appeared. There are 3 options on output. Free, 7,92 and 4,38. I wanted to burn my project on normal (not DL) DVD so I choose 4,38. Now I'm going to burn it and it says "Not enough free disc space.."
    I check the size of the folder and well it's 7,39GB. I wonder what happened. In Output tab it's still set to 4,38. I will try to do the encoding again to see what happens now.
    Last edited by alkhazali; 1 Apr 2010, 03:49 PM.

Comment

• alkhazali
      • Mar 2010

The re-encoding is still not finished after 9 hours but I may just stop it, because files in folder have 5,6GB already. No idea what's wrong. 4.38GB checked, I even looked into the encoder, before I started, to check the output size of each file. they were ok, now they are almost doubled.

Comment

• vandyo
        • Apr 2010

Originally Posted by alkhazali
        The re-encoding is still not finished after 9 hours but I may just stop it, because files in folder have 5,6GB already. No idea what's wrong. 4.38GB checked, I even looked into the encoder, before I started, to check the output size of each file. they were ok, now they are almost doubled.
        This may not be of help to you but here it is. I too have noticed long re-encoding times. One thing I have done to help is use mpeg video wizard to convert the file to a dvd folder, then loading the vob files/s into easydvd and authoring it there. I have found that it does it much faster this way, and the combined times are still much less than going directly from mp4 or avi direct to a dvd in easydvd. I guess I could author in wizard, but I like using easydvd
        Hope it helps.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎