X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • admin
    Administrator
    • Nov 2001

Warner Bros. Seeks "Anti-Piracy Interns"

Warner Bros. is hiring. They want young people to become "anti-piracy interns". So what does an "anti-piracy intern" actually do? According to the job description in the want ad, they want people who will monitor forums and IRC channels, seek out pirates, create accounts on private sharing websites, sending out infringement notices, and basically turn into a douchebag that everybody on the Net hates, in exchange for money (£17,500 per year, not too shabby for an intern position).

Skills required includes knowledge of IRC, forum, web usage, and some programming skills will be great, but optional. And I suppose experience in knowing where to find the "good stuff" is also needed.

It could be a dream job for someone!

Even the New York magazine published their application for this job position:

Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog
  • dr_ml422
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • May 2007

If you can't beat them join them!. Though the real big boys will run circles around these interns as that money can't buy them or do they want to be bought. at least not for£17,500 per year. Plus Admin's and the like will get hip to infiltrators. Maybe not so much vistors as that also can be monitored to an extent I suppose.

You know Piracy inadvertently might in the end prove to be the deciding factor for consumer rights. After all, the only way to come up w/new laws is to break the existing ones! Wall Street broker told me this long time ago.
    SAMSUNG SH-S203B, SAMSUNG SH-S223F,

Take the suggestions and follow the directions. The results will speak for themselves.

Google is definitely our friend.

Comment

Working...