X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Art Vandelay
    Digital Video Technician
    Digital Video Technician
    • Feb 2006

I found this about the mobo the PC is a HP Pavilion m7557c Motherboard: A8M2N-LA (HP name: NodusM-GL8E) I can't make a XP boot CD because the only XP PC i have is the one in question and it is at the point where it is trying to load windows and all the other software that came preinstalled from the partioned are of the drive, but the CODE PURPLE message comes up and it goes no further.

Comment

• doctorhardware
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • Dec 2006

Well my idea of changing the bios is a no go, the motherboard was made exclusively for HP by Asus. There is some type of hardware that does a bios check, to see if the bios is an actual HP bios. If it is not a HP bios it will not boot up.
      Star Baby Girl, Born March,1997 Died June 30th 2007 6:35 PM.

Comment

• Art Vandelay
        Digital Video Technician
        Digital Video Technician
        • Feb 2006

Fixed

called a software engineer that is in the USA and he knew nothing about the situation of tattooing or code purple. I sent the 2 links to him and he walked me through DOS to get to the hidden directory/files (where the hp folder was) and rename the bin file. Reboot fine and seems to be OK. The bin file did have a 2010 date on it so that must have been when I updated the Nvidia chipset with their utility rather than the update from HP site. Real annoying.

thanks to everyone.

Comment

• doctorhardware
          Lord of Digital Video
          Lord of Digital Video
          • Dec 2006

Yes it is a real PIA, that is why I like building my own computers, that way you do not run into that crap the HP pulled. It is just plain greed.

Comment

• Art Vandelay
            Digital Video Technician
            Digital Video Technician
            • Feb 2006

@doctorhardware

building my own is something I have thought about doing. Do you know of any websites that show how to do it? How does the cost differ, I would be after a Media Center system so I would need a TV tuner card, good Video card, quad core Intel, good RAM DDR3???

I would think the BIOS situation would be difficult? Can you post some sources for information and parts need to build the PC

Thanks

Comment

• doctorhardware
              Lord of Digital Video
              Lord of Digital Video
              • Dec 2006

Take a look at compusa or microcenter. Compusa also if you are near one they hold clinics on Saturdays, on how to build your own computers. The do have some videos on their site too.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎