X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • admin
    Administrator
    • Nov 2001

Sony to offer extended warranty plan for PS3, PSP

Sony will offer one and two year extended warranty plans for the PS3 and PSP. For $45 and $30 respectively, Sony will offer to increase the standard one year warranty on the PS3 and PSP by another year. For $60/$40, the warranty can even be extended to 3 years in total for the PS3/PSP.

The official Sony statement states the following:

"The PlayStation brand has long been synonymous with the highest quality in engineering and design, and it's because of the reliability of the PS3 and PSP systems that we can offer the PlayStation Protection Plan. We have heard from consumers that they're interested in an extended service plan that's backed directly by SCEA and leverages our technical expertise. While both the PS3 and PSP systems are designed with future-proof technology and built for long lifecycles, we're looking forward to offering this service to consumers looking for added peace of mind."

The PS3 has suffered from a known problem where firmware updates can disable the Blu-ray drive, rendering it unusable. Sony is currently facing a class action lawsuit on the matter.

More:

Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog
  • dr_ml422
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • May 2007

I got the Slim finally and the $60 extension. Hopefully nothing will blow up soon here when I start playing w/this monster. Sony's plan beats most as of now. Even Best Buy couldn't get near it when I told them. Think many places still don't know Sony put this into effect.
    SAMSUNG SH-S203B, SAMSUNG SH-S223F,

Take the suggestions and follow the directions. The results will speak for themselves.

Google is definitely our friend.

Comment

Working...