Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stripe123
    • Jun 2010

Hi guys,

I have gotten to the stage of getting a bluray structure with compressed video and untouched audio and subtitles ready to merge using make mkv but when i tried the audio was all out of sync and the subtitles were not there yet the original BD structure was ok, have any clues?

thanks

Comment

• UncasMS
      Super Moderator
      • Nov 2001

since makemkv does not do any reencoding the question is: which tool was used for this part?

Comment

• stripe123
        • Jun 2010

Hi,

I used dvd fab to rip whole bd to drive.

I used BD Rebuilder to extract the movie and subs and compresss to 12gb as a bd structure.

I used TS Muxer and grabbed the compressed video and subs and then added the original movie and removed everything apart from the original audio and made a bd structure.

I opened the bd structure with make mkv and everything worked apart from the sound being completely out of wack.

PS, i checked the combined TS MUXER bd structure copy and the sound was fine there so something is getting screwed using this make mkv program.

Any ideas?

Thanks once again

Comment

• MilesAhead
          Eclectician
          • Nov 2006

What I've been doing is using MakeMKV on the BD folder to get an .mkv of the main movie. Then I can use MkvExtractGui-2
          MKVExtractGUI-2 is a Matroska (mkv) track extraction GUI tool for work with mkvtoolnix. Requires mkvtoolnix. Demux mkv streams, split video, audio and subtitle to separate files, from an MKV file.

to extract the PGS subs. Once I have the subs I can export them as idx/sub using BDSup2Sub
          BDSup2Sub is a converter from Blu-Ray PGS SUP to DVD SUB/IDX (VobSub) or SUP(DVD SUP). You can also add a delay and/or change the time stamps to e.g. perform a PAL speedup. Requires Java runtime.

or sometimes .ifo/.sup export will auto OCR in DVDSubEdit and produce a good .srt file.
          If not then I need to use the idx/sub to burn in the subs using VobSub(by adding a couple
          of lines to the .avs AviSynth script.)

I've been encouraging the author of BD Rebuilder to set it up so we can edit the .avs script to do things like burn in subs.

Basically for me how it branches is, if I don't need to burn in subs, I can just shrink the BD folder down to a bit < 8 GB using Movie Only Mode 1 pass abr with a custom size of 8032 MB, using BD Rebuilder. If I have to burn in the subs, then I use Quick AVI Creator .mkv one pass using x264, bit rate depending on movie play time but usually around 9000 kbit.

If I used BDRebuilder then I take the .m2ts file and .srt if any and copy them to my HD for play on my set top box. If I used Quick AVI Creator, then I put the .mkv file through tsMuxer to get an .m2ts file since it plays better on my set top box than .mkv. In the latter case it's the only file I need since the subs are burned in.

I know it seems a bit confusing. But if we can get jdobbs to modify BD Rebulder to allow burned in subs from PGS sub stream then we can do it all with BD Rebuilder.

Right now the fly in the ointment is the only way I know to extract PGS subs is using MkvExtractGui-2. This provokes the need to use MakeMKV to get an .mkv for the main movie. As time goes on more tools should be able to handle it.

edit: another issue.. if the audio stream you have to use cannot be processed by BD Rebuilder you may have to demux it and convert it yourself and mux it back in. There are free audio tools that should handle any combination so that you end up with AC3 audio if that's what you prefer.

But I think the big divide is the subtitles. If you can OCR a clean .srt file or get it someplace, then you don't have to burn in(or if the movie doesn't have subs you need in the first place.) Audio issues you can always demux, fix, and mux back, before putting stuff through the main converter.

The simplest case scenario, no subtitles, DTS or AC3 audio in the original, just use BD Rebuilder Movie Only Mode and set a custom output size using the Settings option. I don't have patience so I use abr 1 pass mode. But if you're a stickler for quality you may want to check out the 2 pass options.
          Last edited by MilesAhead; 28 Jun 2010, 07:50 AM.

Comment

• stripe123
            • Jun 2010

Hi,

I hate to be rude but I am totally confused by what you said MilesAhead

You have to remember I am a complete noob at this bluray burning and ripping stuff. What I desire is to have a .mkv file at around 15GB in size.

I require the video to be compressed and the audio not to be touched and to stay in its purest form with of course all english subtitles.

I am at the last stage of getting all of that and using some tool (hopefully makemkv) and making my lovely crafted movie to a mkv, any ideas?

Thanks.

Comment

• MilesAhead
              Eclectician
              • Nov 2006

I don't know what to tell you. See the forum for BD Rebuilder. I can't compress months of learning into a couple of paragraphs. You'll have to do some reading. It's not like DVD where it's all worked out for you. The stuff isn't perfected yet.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎