Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help in deinterlacing an old VHS converted video (Sample included) ..

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ahmadka
    • Feb 2008

Need help in deinterlacing an old VHS converted video (Sample included) ..

Hey guys .. Well I had these very old VHS videos which I thought I should convert into digital form ...

The problem is that all the videos I converted have interlacing in them, which becomes noticeable even when there are slight movements only ..

I have tried the built-in deinterlace filter in Virtualdub but it did not remove even a tiny bit of the interlacing ..

One solution I found was the reduce the resolution of the video by half, and although it did remove the interlacing, it also blurs the video when I switch to fullscreen ...

Is there any better deinterlacing method available .. ?

I have uploaded a small 1 minute clip of one of my videos which shows some of the interlacing (only noticeable the some object moves or the camera zooms in or something .. )

The video can be downloaded from here: http://www.mediafire.com/?ylmm51xdn1n

Please note that I did do a search on Deinterlacing and did come across from 3rd party virtualdub filters for deinterlacing, but since I'm not very current with video editing jargon, and because the guides/forums posts I found were pretty old (because maybe right now there's some better method maybe), I needed to really search on my own, which is why I created this thread .. Please bear in mind that I'm not exactly well covered in video editing jargon, so please do elaborate a little bit on whatever you suggest .. Thanks!
  • drfsupercenter
    NOT an online superstore
    • Oct 2005

What did you use to convert these VHS tapes to digital? A DVD recorder, or a capture card, or what? That determines how exactly they are interlaced.
    CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
    Visit my website!!

Cool Characters Make your text cool
    My DVD Collection

Comment

Working...
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡