Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • admin
    Administrator
    • Nov 2001

What type of games are you interested in? I can provide some tips as to which of the classic/platinum titles (marked down for a low price) that you might want to try based on the genre of game you want.
    Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog

Comment

• dr_ml422
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • May 2007

okie

Originally Posted by admin
      What type of games are you interested in? I can provide some tips as to which of the classic/platinum titles (marked down for a low price) that you might want to try based on the genre of game you want.
      The MMA games are cool. Sports Games also, mainly Football, Basketball, Soccer, Tennis, Hockey and Baseball. I had a free copy of alone In The dark and liked that. Was Vista only though and PC. Anything where you're trying to get away/shoot your way outta something/somewhere, even if it's creatures etc... would be cool. I'm new so don't know too much.

I always heard of Grand Theft Auto and World Of Warcraft, have no real idea though. You steal cars in GTA? Demons in World Of Warcraft?

Entertaining and action at same time. Thnx.
      SAMSUNG SH-S203B, SAMSUNG SH-S223F,

Take the suggestions and follow the directions. The results will speak for themselves.

Google is definitely our friend.

Comment

• admin
        Administrator
        • Nov 2001

World of Warcraft is PC only though, but I'll just list a few genres and the games that are great representations of them on the PS3:

First person shooter: You can't go past Modern Warfare 2, great online experience as well
        Action Role Playing Games: Fallout 3
        Sandbox games (games that give you a large world to explore yourself): GTA IV, Red Dead Redemption, Assassin's Creed II

The sports games get updated every year, so the previous year's games are always available for cheap, and they're still very good mostly. EA does NHL, Madden NFL, NCAA, FIFA Soccer. There's also the MLB series from Sony themselves.

None of the above are PS3 exclusives though, and here are the pick of the bunch that are:

Interactive movie: Heavy Rain - closest thing to an interactive movie there is right now, probably
        Sandbox/action: inFamous
        Shooters: Killzone 2, Resistance 1 + 2, Metal Gear Solid 4
        Action Adventure: Uncharted 1 + 2, God of War III

Most of what I listed are already considered "budget" releases (not all though), and are good games to start with. There are many that I've missed as well, and I didn't even cover racing games.

If I had to choose just one game out of the above to try first, I would probably pick Uncharted.

Comment

• dr_ml422
          Lord of Digital Video
          Lord of Digital Video
          • May 2007

That's cool! Like I said I'm new to the Games Genre etc... Didn't even know World Of Warcraft was PC only. Anything going on in terms of sales through Amazon right now? Or would GameStop etc... be a better buy? My nephews and cousins etc... hit GameStop a lot, especially when the go to exchange/resell their games/PS3/Xbox 360 for newer ones.
          SAMSUNG SH-S203B, SAMSUNG SH-S223F,

Take the suggestions and follow the directions. The results will speak for themselves.

Google is definitely our friend.

Comment

• admin
            Administrator
            • Nov 2001

Just get it from whichever place that offers the best price. The PSN network do have some demos of games, so you may want to try before you buy, but obviously, you'll have to update your firmware to the latest version first. I'm actually updated to 3.50 today, not that I'm totally confident it won't screw up my PS3, but I want to test the 3D Blu-ray playback and see how it compares to my Samsung player.

Comment

Working...