• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dr_ml422
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • May 2007

No Video encoding w/MeGUI

Ok so I tried the .mp4 and .mkv conversion w/MeGUI w/UNFORGIVEN. I get the audio done but no matter what the video conversion won't take.

Here's the Error Log:

[Error] Log
    -[Information] Versions
    --[NoImage] MeGUI Version : 0.3.5.0
    --[NoImage] OS : Windows Seven Premium Edition x64 (6.1.0.7600)
    --[NoImage] Latest .Net Framework installed : 4.0 (4.0.30319)
    --[NoImage] Avisynth Version : 2.5.8.5
    -[Error] Log for job1 (video, VTS_01_1.avs -> )
    --[Information] [7/10/2010 6:17:49 PM] Started handling job
    --[Information] [7/10/2010 6:17:49 PM] Preprocessing
    --[NoImage] Job commandline: "C:\Program Files (x86)\megui\tools\x264\vfw4x264.exe" --pass 1 --bitrate 1099 --stats "G:\TEMP UNFORGIVEN .MKV\VTS_01_1.stats" --b-pyramid none --trellis 0 --profile high --level 4.2 --vbv-bufsize 31250 --vbv-maxrate 31250 --aud --sar 1:1 --output NUL "G:\MainMovie\UNFORGIVEN_16X9_REDO\VIDEO_TS\VTS_01 _1.avs"
    --[Information] [7/10/2010 6:17:50 PM] Encoding started
    --[Error] An error occurred: avis [error]: unsupported input format (DIB )
    --[NoImage] Standard output stream
    --[NoImage] Standard error stream
    --[Information] [7/10/2010 6:17:50 PM] Job completed
    -[Information] Log for job3 (avs, VTS_01_1.avs -> )
    --[Information] [7/10/2010 6:18:45 PM] Started handling job
    --[Information] [7/10/2010 6:18:45 PM] Preprocessing
    --[Information] [7/10/2010 6:18:45 PM] Encoding started
    --[Information] [7/10/2010 6:44:28 PM] Postprocessing
    ---[Information] Deleting intermediate files
    --[Information] [7/10/2010 6:44:28 PM] Job completed

I'm done! Put a pitchfork in me!
    SAMSUNG SH-S203B, SAMSUNG SH-S223F,

Take the suggestions and follow the directions. The results will speak for themselves.

Google is definitely our friend.
  • UncasMS
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2001

Originally Posted by dr_ml422
    --[Error] An error occurred: avis [error]: unsupported input format (DIB )
    => could be incorrect cropping

Comment

• dr_ml422
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • May 2007

Hi UnCaS. I followed the recommended suggestion in admin's MeGUI Guide and just hit auto-crop to get rid of the Black Bars. The resolution is 720x480 at 16x9. I did No Country For Old Men w/out any problems. Maybe this file is corrupt. I learned one thing though. Never stay stuck on one flic and just go to the next to see if it's a issue w/the encoding proggie itself.

It's very rare that I come across a bug or w/e w/MeGUI. Learning this whole encoding genre so I got caught up.

Take the suggestions and follow the directions. The results will speak for themselves.

Comment

• dr_ml422
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • May 2007

It's fixed. A cropping issue just like you suggested. Thnx. Horizontal was not in correct settings. I'll get the hang of it as I go along.

Comment

• UncasMS
          Super Moderator
          • Nov 2001

Glad you found the culprit.

Comment

• dr_ml422
            Lord of Digital Video
            Lord of Digital Video
            • May 2007

Trial n Error is the only formula.

Originally Posted by UncasMS
            Glad you found the culprit.
            Yes, and of course by posting. This encoding while not so hard is a whole different ball game. The issues I presume that do come up will most likely be the usual suspects.

Comment

• MilesAhead
              Eclectician
              • Nov 2006

Originally Posted by dr_ml422
              Yes, and of course by posting. This encoding while not so hard is a whole different ball game. The issues I presume that do come up will most likely be the usual suspects.
              How do you like MeGui so far? I think I tried it once and gave up 4 years ago or something. But back then I think I passed on a lot of converters because I didn't know enough to enter the entire bit rate if the output was too small. I don't remember. I hear a lot of people being enthusiastic. But I'm kind of getting to either mkv/m2ts stuff or doing dvd "by hand" with HC enc lately.

Comment

• dr_ml422
                Lord of Digital Video
                Lord of Digital Video
                • May 2007

Miles MeGUI is very advanced now since its inception. Since you have more experience than me w/encoding I really think you will like it. It gets the job done and really well. Especially if the original file is not that big.

Admin has Guides on the Main Site for everything from Xbox 360 to PS3 H.264 encoding, and including a .mkv2vob Guide included in the PS3 H.264 that basically is a great way to go since it will out put to 5.1 and w/the proper equipment the Ps3 will play the VOB file in 5.1. It's faster now that I filled up my primary os a lil more and use the E-sata Docking Station for the encoding etc... The USB 3.0 is soon coming so that will be a greater treat.

I was looking at the WD Media Player though after much research decided on a new PS3 Slim. I've followed Admin's Guides verbatim together w/the installation of TVersity and now all my .MP4 files are streamed from my PC straight to my new Hi-Def 27" 1080P TV. I keep my files on both my OS and backup drives, and also on my 1st build since having all on my Home Network proves useful.

The bitrate calculator has been flawless giving me very good output files. It automatically inserts the suggested output file size for you after you put in the bitrate you want. Basically it's at a stage now where it does everything for you. Though as a more advanced proggie when something goes awry as did my Unforgiven you just have to try and figure it out or just search or post. Though most of the usual issues are prolly most you've encountered already w/other programs.

I'm now converting to .mkv and then using .mkv2vob to make the VOB file. That way even though now I won't get 5.1 sound it will be future proof for when I finally add that too.

Oh I was happy to find out that I could just burn all my .iso's I had stored using ImgBurn to a DVD and then just rip them again to get the original VTS Folder needed to encode. I thought I was pigeon holed into just watching them on a burnt disc as opposed to streaming w/a smaller better format. It'll be a while before I convert all, but it's worth it and it'll keep me busy.

MeGUI does all formats too so that's a plus. You do a lot of Dvix/Xvid I think so there would be no problem. If now you're changing to .mkv/m2ts that's covered also.
                Last edited by dr_ml422; 14 Jul 2010, 04:06 AM.

Comment

• MilesAhead
                  Eclectician
                  • Nov 2006

Thanks for the run down. I'll have to try it again.

Comment

• dr_ml422
                    Lord of Digital Video
                    Lord of Digital Video
                    • May 2007

Okie

Originally Posted by MilesAhead
                    Thanks for the run down. I'll have to try it again.
                    No problema.

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎