Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • markallan
    • Aug 2010

Convert DV format to what?

Hello All, Yes I’m a Newbee here and to video, although I am a professional photographer by trade.

I just got done importing 28 mini DV tapes of family movies, almost 300GB. I just used Apple’s iMovie to import and it saved as a .DV file format. I would like to do two things,

First: Convert the .DV format to something that I can stream to my PS3, would I be better off just converting the files or compressing them to another format.

Second: I wan to eventually edit the movies, using either FCP or Premiere Pro to make menu driven DVD’s for the family.

So is there a lossless conversion file format so I can stream/play on the PS3, that has the same quality for editing for DVD’s down the road. BTW, I have MAC and PC FCP & Premiere Pro and on the PC side I have Premiere Pro. I might have access to Sorenson Squeeze.

Next Question:
    I have an old Hi8mm camcorder that I think still works, how can I digitize that video too? Could I hook up the Hi8 camera to the SD camera and record from there?

Thanks
    Mark
Working...
😀
🥰
🤢
😎
😡
👍
👎