Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • garynl
    • Aug 2010

No matched drive detected - firmware upgrade

I use my cd/dvd burner infrequently and it no longer wants to burn any kind of disk.

While trying to persuade it to work using imgburn, I checked whether a firmware upgrade was available and it sent me to firmwarehq.com.
    My current firmware version is 3A12 and 3P54 was available so I downloaded it. However when I run the executable I get the following dialog:

Does anyone know whats wrong here? More importantly does anyone know how to solve this? (To me, it looks like there are two spaces between ATAPI and DVD in the detected drives string)
  • LIGHTNING UK!
    Author of ImgBurn
    • Dec 2001

It might be because your firmware isn't in the same series as the one LiteOn releases to the public.

Did you buy your drive on its own or did it come in a PC?

If you got it in a PC you'll have to use firmware supplied by the manufacturer of said PC or use 3rd party tools to force the firmware update.
    The Official ImgBurn Website

Comment

• garynl
      • Aug 2010

The drive came as part of the PC, I'll try the PC manufacturers website. Thanks for the tip, Lightning.

Comment

• garynl
        • Aug 2010

The PC is an Acer Aspire M3640. Checked the Acer website but cant find any firmware. I had another look at the Liteon website and there it said to use the "smartpack utility' which automatically identifies the firmware needed for any liteon drive. When I run it, it says there are no newer updates. I asked them for advice.

I'll have to open the casing and make sure all the cables are sitting properly. (Never been inside before, so if a cable is loose, we must have a gremlin pulling on the cables - or mice! Shh, dont tell the wife!)

Comment

• garynl
          • Aug 2010

Well, re-seating the cables didn't help. I uninstalled it in the device manager and let windows re-discover it and install what it needed, but I still cant write to any disk. This problem is going off topic for this forum and I have created the disk I needed via another machine so I am putting this problem to one side.

Comment

• garynl
            • Aug 2010

Originally Posted by garynl
            The PC is an Acer Aspire M3640. Checked the Acer website but cant find any firmware. I had another look at the Liteon website and there it said to use the "smartpack utility' which automatically identifies the firmware needed for any liteon drive. When I run it, it says there are no newer updates. I asked them for advice.
            )
            Lite-On responded quickly but with the remark that they didn't recognize the firmware version and I should contact the PC manufacturer.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎