• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Art Vandelay
    Digital Video Technician
    Digital Video Technician
    • Feb 2006

XP Video Problems Clone mode

I have a PC, 4 years old HP Media Center (yess I know it is old) windows XP Media center 2005. I have a NVIDIA Geforce 7550 LE. I have had it set in clone mode so I can have the image on the 21 HP widescreen monitor using the DVI output. I have the SVIDEO going to my TV so I can watch media center movies on the TV. What seems to happen is if the PC crashes and I need to restart by using the off/on button The monitor won't come on the screens says no signal detected then it says going to sleep. I still have the signal going to the TV thought. So I unplug the DVI going to the monitor, plug it back in and no picture still (I do get a message saying check DVI cable) so I am now left with only the TV image. So I unplug the SVIDEO going to the TV and reboot and sometimes the monitor is recognized and then I need to go the NVIDIA controll pannel and select clone to get the image back on the TV.

I have the latest drivers from HP for the Video card but still have problemsm so I went to NVIDIA for there drivers and still had the problem. I then went to Windows Update and it said there was a hardware update for the Geforce 7500 LE so i got it and I selected clone and all seems well but I don't want to turn off the PC as I sometimes have this problem when PC is turned off on restart. Could it be as simple as a BIOS battery?

Any information would be appreciated.
  • Chewy
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2003

Have you tried powering down the TV completely before rebooting the computer?

Comment

• Art Vandelay
      Digital Video Technician
      Digital Video Technician
      • Feb 2006

yes Chewy, same problem I have. I think it may be from heat. I have run the PC with the case open and I see the little fan on the video card isn't spinning. I took the card out as it was full of dirt/installed it but it still doesn't spin but I have the monitor and the TV workinig. I wonder if it is heat related. When the PC is shutdown or needs a reboot after installing software the monitor won't come on as it has been on for 4 or 5 hrs at that point but the TV does. It always turns on in the AM after it has been off all night. I don't really want to spend any $ on this PC being 4 years old. I have been lookling around for a new one but all the prebuilt ones by Dell/HP/Gateway don't seem to have TV tuner cards or fron't audio/video inputs. These are the features I like about my PC, I use it to record TV with the Media Center but don't use it all the time like a DVR.

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎