X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • yogi55
    • Nov 2005

Missing dvd's

Yep!,we are are our own worst enemy.
    wanted to upgrade to win 7 64bit os.Moved what was non essental to other drive to try and ensure I would not delete them. installed 2 more gig's of identical memory (total now of 4 gig's).after boot up system see's new memory but DVD's are missing from system.Have tried to go online to see if "upgrade " would help but it failed to find or install drivers.Found one driver for one DVD player.but can't get windows to access it.It see's it as a CD drive.Would wipe C:\ and reinstall win7 64 bit,but need DVD to install os.Bios see's drives, but not sure if they would work as DVD drives.
    and yes have checked all connections, thrice.
  • Chewy
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2003

Windows 7 and Windows 10 have a similar desktop-centric user interface, but there are many under-the-hood changes you should know about.

See this article, but they really should take someone out behind the woodshed in Redmond, what idiot came up with this driver signing and then let's rootkits in the back door with the master boot record.

Comment

• yogi55
      • Nov 2005

Well beat my head on table for three more days ,took it in to "best Buy"charged me $200 to install windows! think I should have ought a bottle of asprin for $2 and beat my head some more.

Comment

• doctorhardware
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Dec 2006

What a rip off when I worked there, they were charging $139. I am so glad that I don't work there any more.
        Star Baby Girl, Born March,1997 Died June 30th 2007 6:35 PM.

Comment

Working...