Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tovarisheob
    • Oct 2010

Small form factor, portable hardware solution to superimpose video feeds

I searched the forums and couldn't find anything directly related to my question, so here it goes...

I am working on a military project where I want to superimpose a thermal imager, an IR camera and a typical camera feed into a single display (hada cool image but cannot post - I'm new here). My desire is to have gain and color saturation control over the individual inputs as well so that I can adjust the settings to optimize capabilities on the fly. For a daytime scenario, I would like to pipe the Thermal imager feed (natively B/W) as B/Green or as a spectrum based on intensity (think predator), then set the IR feed (also natively B/W) to B/Red, and then leave the typical video alone. Then in a night scenario, I would like to be able to adjust the intensity of the thermal and IR feeds and dial down the standard camera.

Can anybody direct me to a small hardware device that can accomplish this task (thinking a fancy FPGA device) ? I need to keep cost/size/weight down, cost <$4k / size ~ (4"x4"x1") / weight < 3lbs. The end goal is a prototype for field equipment (UGV) so battery operation is also a must. Thanks for your help.
Working...