X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sna612
    • Oct 2010

extracting motion vector from the code

Hi folks,

I am a newbie to MPEG-4 AVC (H.264). I have read the theory. I have downloaded H.264/14496-10 AVC Reference Software (JM 17.1) and using the workspace jm_vc8.sln

I need to find where exactly the motion vector is calculated and need to print the motion vector array for every 2 frames...
    I tried to dig in the code.. but not able to figure it out.. I would be grateful if anyone could help me out.

Thanks,
    Sagar
  • sna612
    • Oct 2010

plz give some inputs

Folks, I really need to find out a solution... any input or help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Sagar

Comment

• hardikshuklay2k
      • Aug 2010

hey go through mc_prediction.c file in your encoder source code. over there you will find functions where they do prediction for luminance and chrominance componenets

Comment

• uzair
        • May 2011

extracting motion vector from the code

Hi Sagar,
        did you find out the way how to extract motion vector?

I am also new to to MPEG-4 AVC (H.264) and stuck to same position like you. any help will be greatly apprecited.

thanks

Comment

• uzair
          • May 2011

Hi Sagar,
          r u working on the same thing or not?
          did you find out the way how to extract motion vector?

I am also new to to MPEG-4 AVC (H.264) and stuck to same position like you. any help will be greatly apprecited.

thanks

Comment

• hugheser
            • Feb 2012

I'm curious what this is for. Ive found when making a screen capture tutorial that the h.264 final result is tiny because there is little movement.

If you cant get true help with it, record your desktop with camstudio (free) and either record in h.264 or convert it later and test. You could keep everything still and jsut move the mouse. You might be able to deduce the vector data from there. As for extracting, thats beyond my knowledge.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎