Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • geoff zman
    • Nov 2010

sony player ns601hp

This is an inexpensive player but works fine for my purposes. In any case, I run into a issue that puzzles me. If will not power-on with the hdmi cable connected. Without the cable connect...powers up fine! I find this to be really odd but thought I'd put it out there to see if anyone else perhaps might have had a similar problem.
  • MilesAhead
    Eclectician
    • Nov 2006

Is the TV powered up when this happens? I have a WD HDTV for USB set top box that sometimes does the same thing. I don't have to unplug the HDMI, but the TV has to be on before I power the box on, or it will just shut off.

Comment

• geoff zman
      • Nov 2010

re: sony player

That's a good thought but no the projector is not powered up in fact it is powered separately. It's a very strange occurrence since I tried plugging and unplugging the hdmi cable at the back of the player and each time it powers (without the cable) and doesn't power-on with it plugged in. Very bizarre!

Comment

• admin
        Administrator
        • Nov 2001

Sounds like an issue with HDMI CEC, which allows control codes to be sent over HDMI, so you can control HDMI linked equipment using a single remote control (and also switching to the source on the TV will automatically turn on/off the CEC connected device).

Maybe this page will help:

Looking for support on Sony Electronics products? Find comprehensive support information for Sony products.

Probably turn off all the CEC related features and see if it helps.

From what I understand, HDMI CEC shouldn't really prevent you from starting the player. There is also an issue with copy protection/HDMI handshake, in that if the player detects that you are not connected to a device that supports HDCP, it may only present a blank screen. It still shouldn't prevent you from starting the player though, since without HDCP, you should still be able to play home made discs.
        Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog

Comment

Working...